5 inch display with only 720p?

MikeJezZ

May 13, 2016
Visit site
hey guys, I am really tripping on getting the new Xperia-series in my hands.

The XA looked like a nice entry phone, but I fear the 720p resolution a little.

In those early previews I've read, it says that they couldn't really tell that the display was only 720p, since they couldn't see any visible pixels.

However, I still fear that it will be too pixelated on such a big screen.

Anyone who have had this XA in their hands and tested with their own eyes?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Only way that should be a problem is VR. There have been many 5" 720p phones, including the Moto G series, etc and none had issues with being too pixelated. The resolution wouldn't bug me too much, but the low RAM, low storage and complaints about a laggy camera app would bother me more. MediaTek's performance is an unknown to me but I know they're capable of making a quality SOC - I've just never used one.

MikeJezZ

May 13, 2016
Visit site
In Denmark XA costs 255 USD, while X Performance costs 680 USD. Do you think X Performance is worth the extra price?

Will the low RAM on XA be fatal?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In Denmark XA costs 255 USD, while X Performance costs 680 USD. Do you think X Performance is worth the extra price?

Will the low RAM on XA be fatal?
Depends on your needs... Quality mid range $200-300 phones are pretty usable for most people. For those who need to have the best of the best, go with the high end.

bovcrx

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Looks good to me. Maybe if I break out a magnifying glass I will see pixels

Posted via the Android Central App

ffosse

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
It's not an issue; I've actually found the screen to be better than what was written in many of the middling reviews of the device.