Android Pay not working

loganweaponx007

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Whn I tap the phone and enter my pattern it will keep asking me to do it ove and over again. I entered it five times. I tried it at the gas station and the grocery store. It's very frustrating.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Smart Lock on? If so, try turning it off, and unlock the phone with a PIN, password, or pattern. In this situation, Android Pay shouldn't require you to reenter your unlock method upon tapping the phone. This is not necessarily meant to be a definitive solution--it's more of a troubleshooting step.

loganweaponx007

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
No, the smart lock isn't enabled. I have the phone unlocked before even tapping it. I had no problem using it before on my c4 ultra. I just recently received a new card from Chase with the security chip. So i had to wait until they officially supported Android Pay to start using it again. I added my card to Pay and the bank sent me a confirmation telling me I'm good to go. I haven't been able to actually get it to work. Just asks for the pattern over and over again, but never works.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you remove the card, then add it back?

Also, you mention that the phone is unlocked before you tap to pay--I assume you initially unlocked with a pattern, correct?

loganweaponx007

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
So I deleted the card and added it back on. Still getting Pay to ask me to unlock it constantly. Haven't successfully used Android Pay yet. It's very frustrating since I don't know how to fix the problem.