Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Default Broken glass.. please help..

I saw on ebay an xperia z ultra for $200 that was set to expire in 2min. I got excited, bid and won.

I then read the description and the screen has a spider crack. The seller says in the listing that the phone powers on, but touch screen won't work because of the crack.

Before I buy it, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get it fixed and how much it would cost?

Thank you..

Default Re: Broken glass.. please help..

My advice, if you end up with the Ultra, would be to follow a repair guide to replace the screen assembly yourself. Unfortunately, it doesn't come cheap. Here's the iFixit Repair Guide for the Xperia Z (their page for the Ultra is lacking in content, but it should be a somewhat similar affair), and here's a link to one of the sites that sells replacement assemblies. It looks like the part itself may run just as much as the auction...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    My advice, if you end up with the Ultra, would be to follow a repair guide to replace the screen assembly yourself. Unfortunately, it doesn't come cheap. Here's the iFixit Repair Guide for the Xperia Z (their page for the Ultra is lacking in content, but it should be a somewhat similar affair), and here's a link to one of the sites that sells replacement assemblies. It looks like the part itself may run just as much as the auction...
    Wow, $200 bucks. That would be $400+ i'd be spending. A little extra and I can get one brand new. Looks like I'll pass. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by jkrc717 View Post
    Wow, $200 bucks. That would be $400+ i'd be spending. A little extra and I can get one brand new. Looks like I'll pass. Bummer.
    Yeah, definitely not an ideal solution. Sorry.

I sold my broken screen Z Ultra 2 weeks on Ebay and got $225 for it :-) and actually got good feedback for it.

I recommend you resell it on ebay or just tell the seller you bought it on accident to cancel your order

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk