Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xperia Z ultra bugs after kitkat update

I have been using my iphone earbuds since I got my Xperia Z Ultra in the autumn. (The newer ones that comes with iPhones 5 and newer, that actually sound good).
    Previously they have worked perfectly for me, both as pure headphones but also as a handfree headset. Even the dedicated hang up buttons have worked.

But after the kit kat update I have had a lot of trouble with these earbuds. They will randomly fall out while using them, and the phone will register the buds as not plugged in. In addition it simply doesnīt work as a handsfree set anymore, the caller canīt hear me and I canīt hear them.

I have no issues while using my headphones with other devices, and the problem seems to be software-related, because if I wiggle or bend slightly on the earbuds jack while itīs plugged in to my Xperia Z Ultra nothing happens at all. The falling out seems quite random, and usually happens immediately after I plug it in. If I pull out the plug again and insert it usually it solves the problem.

Hope someone can help me out here. Is it something thatīs likely to be fixed on a later date? I wasnīt really expecting my iphone earbuds to work with my phone when I first got it, but I really like their sound quality and would like to continue using them.

Could it be a hardware problem? I doubt it myself.

Default Re: Xperia Z ultra bugs after kitkat update

This is a known bug which Sony fixed by releasing new firmware about a couple of weeks ago. The firmware Build Number is 14.3.A.0.757
    You can try to download it directly on your phone or with their PC Companion on your computer.