Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best scratch proof screen protector

Hi all,

can anyone recommend a good 'scratch proof' screen protector for the Z Ultra? I want to use a normal pencil for writing & drawing, but don't want to scratch the screen. I've tried a screen protector from Amazon, which had good reviews, but this was a matte screen protector and the pencil would leave marks on the protector.

Many thanks,
    Lugz6002

Default Re: Best scratch proof screen protector

Quote Originally Posted by Lugz6002 View Post
    Hi all,

can anyone recommend a good 'scratch proof' screen protector for the Z Ultra? I want to use a normal pencil for writing & drawing, but don't want to scratch the screen. I've tried a screen protector from Amazon, which had good reviews, but this was a matte screen protector and the pencil would leave marks on the protector.

Many thanks,
    Lugz6002
    Have you tried glass? I have a Nilikin glass protector on my Nexus 5....supposedly rated to 9H (so a pencil wouldn't mar it)... better than any plastic screen I've ever come across.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. I have considered a tempered glass protector but keep seeing comments on various sites that the glass interferes with the touch screen sensitivity. That kinda puts me off spending the money on one (especially as they are more expensive).

Posted via Android Central App

I've been using mine for about 4 months now and I haven't noticed any change in touch related issue to be honest. But that will vary with the maker and device I would guess... not all glass protectors and screen sensitivities are created equal.

as for the price.... You can pick one up in the $15 range. Pricey, if compared to plastic, but not so much so that it isn't worth a shot. I took a flyer and got one and it was a wise gamble... it feels so much better than plastic ones.
    Lugz6002 likes this.

I suggest use tempered glass protector for both slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk