Will there be a Ultra 2?

missmom

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe I never heard of this phone until 1.2 years later. I now regret getting a Note 3. The Note 3 is just so small for me.

Will there be another Ultra 2 coming out soon in 2014 or should I get this last year 2013 Ultra?

Linh321

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Sony has been really tight lip about this second iteration of the ultra. I hope they make a new ultra 2 with both refreshed design and upgrades. When it does i will wait six moths after its release hoping for a price decrease so i can upgrade from my Nexus 4.

You can still buy the current one off contract for less than 400$ on Amazon or some online retailers.

Posted via Android Central App with LG Google Nexus 4

lkbig

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Sony didn't sell many Z ultras and with the current financial state of their mobile division, they are going to concentrate on high-end mainstream devices that they know are a sure bet.

Posted via Android Central App

Linh321

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
In order to succeed you need to take risk and find new ideas and adapt your current lines of products to the niche lines if you just concentrate on the current market you're just playing catch up with the competition! If you could not then you're left behind!! The me too market won't last long! That's why Sony isn't successful as they used to anymore! They have the brand and quality but new ideas and innovation they lack or they're just playing too safe or too conservative on what they can offer!

Posted via Android Central App with LG Google Nexus 4

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Sony didn't sell many Z ultras and with the current financial state of their mobile division, they are going to concentrate on high-end mainstream devices that they know are a sure bet.

Posted via Android Central App

That's too bad. I was this close to getting one, but opted for a ZL2 (a Japanese variant of the Z2) in order to get the better camera and camera button. The Z Ultra seems to have sold fairly well in Japan, I regularly see one when I'm out and about. Well regularly as in at least once a week or two.

I'd totally get a refreshed Z Ultra if one came out with a decent camera, as my next upgrade!

ch3mn3y

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
There is a chance for Xperia Z4 Ultra, but its rumored to be smaller (6.2" only) and specs similar to these z4 leaked ones (except camera)

Sent using C6833 - AICP/GreatDevs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci