Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sony updates

I have never had a Sony phone and wanted to know haw are they with brining out updates to the phones?

Will this come to the Verizon platform?

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSPx

Default Re: Sony updates

Sony is at least average with updating their phones. They help the developer community by giving the kernels to them with documentation. Regarding the phones it will come out on, you have to wait a few weeks for the press release. It is unknown if the phone will come to the US. It is out in Japan tomorrow.

Is the XPERIA z gets Android 5.0 operating system ??

Mohamed (apologies if I spelt that wrong, I'm on my phone),

See my post here regarding Android 5.x:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2792140

As for the original poster's question, yes, Sony are usually pretty good with releasing updates and upgrades... The catch 22 is the service providers.

See, the way it works is that Sony develop the updates/upgrades, test them and then distribute them once they are happy with the user experience...

Those using generic smartphones/tablets - those that have no (non-Sony) branding at all (usually purchased from Sony directly) - will usually see the updates/upgrades almost immediately...

If you have a smartphone/tablet that is branded and/or supplied by your service provider however, the updates/upgrades will not be made available until your service provider has approved its release, which is often quite a wait.

Some service providers are quick to release updates/upgrades, but you've only gotta stick your head in any Android forum for any manufacturer to see just how often service providers hold back updates/upgrades for long periods of time...

Sent wirelessly from my Sony Xperia Z, using the "Android Central Forums" app...
    Opera 12- a better browser for today's Web!
    http://www.opera.com

I def dont see this phone coming to verizon