Xperia Z china version?

Phil Lam

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if there's a way to properly change my xperia Z version to an international version or North American version because i think mine is a china version, and has many things blocked. (google accounts are banned in china)

I recently recieved a Xperia Z as a gift, however when I started to use it, I realised everything was in chinese (which shouldn't be a problem since i know how to read it). Then I realise there was no Play store, no google map etc. Instead there was a "PlayNow" app, which happened to have the apps Play store, google map etc. for download. However once i tried to load them, they would crash instantly (well, google map doesn't, but the GPS doesn't work in it). All of this seems crazy because when I look around the world, people show their reviews of the phone and of COURSE they have google map, google app store, etc.

I've looked into unlocking my bootloader and rooting my phone. Both things I've tried but after unlocking the bootloader, everything was just factory restored and superSU was added, and still I couldn't do anything about google apps. If the whole system was changed to international, then there wouldn't be any restrictions.

felixkim

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I also face the EXACT problem! I have rooted my phone but seems the Chinese firmware are still there. The super user appeared, but I can not do any fastboot. It is very annoying when I can not use any of Google based Apps. Android without Google is nothing. I can not use foursquare or Google based Apps. Frustrating. if anyone could help, I would be appreciated!!!!