Is the XPERIA z gets Android 5.0 operating system?

gregory_opera

May 6, 2012
Visit site
You would hope so... But no one outside of Sony and perhaps Google truly knows at this time (not to mention the fact that Android 5.x hasn't even been announced yet!).

Much to the surprise of many, Android 5.x was not announced at this year's Google I/O event (which just finished), and the Android development team have hinted at slowing the release of future upgrades (presumably to give manufacturers a chance to catch up)...

Because of this, it's possible we might not even see Android 5.x for some time, and instead see incremental updates (e.g. Android 4.2 to Android 4.3).

There was however, big changes made to the Google Services API (application programming interface) at this year's Google I/O that have made it easier for Google, manufacturers and content developers to implement changes or new features without requiring a whole new operating system - the recent Google Talk upgrade to "Hangouts" is the first example of this...

Sent wirelessly from my Sony Xperia Z, using the "Android Central Forums" app...