Sony Experia Z Memory ISSUES!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Gavin Keith

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok I have had my phone for quite a while now and I only seem to have one issue!

I cant get my photos videos and music to store to my memory card! Does anyone have any ideas?

it is driving me insane and i'm sick of having to uninstall apps to create space when I want to take pictures etc

When ever I go to transfer data, straight away it says 'Transfer interrupted. Check your SD card for possibly transferred data'.

Nothing is transferred!!!!!! :mad:

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It could be full, it could have been "unmounted" in the system, or it could be corrupted. MicroSd cards seem to be made from the leftover chips or memory manufacturers, they are often corrupted at purchase. Copy it's contents on a computer, re-format the card using a computer, and then try to completely fill it up with data. If you get an error copying before filling it up to 29 Gbytes, it's highly probable you MicroSD card is corrupt.

Naos

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with Xperia Z.

In my case the problem were a few files created by DS Photo+ third party application. The files had characters within their names (colons) that are not allowed on FAT filesystems but are allowed on Linux/Android filesystems. This is why the app was able to save them on the Internal Storage but then the phone was not able to move them to the SD Card since SD Cards use FAT filesystem.

SOLUTION:
Find and delete these malformed files using file manager application. After that transfer to SD Card worked like a charm again.

For reference: list of illegal characters for FAT filesystems: \ / : * ? " < > |

Good luck.

Michael Johansen2

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
This worked for me as well. I had the same problem with "Transfer Interrupted. Check your SD card for possibly transferred data.".

For me it was the podcast "Coding Blocks" that added a | in the folder name, when | was removed from the folder name I could transfer all my files to SD-card :)

Thanks!

Gladen

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Guys none seems to explain in layman terms how you remove the characters that are being added. Please help cant transfer to SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non