Xperia Z and Screen Protectors

NRJD

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'll be getting my new Xperia Z soon, and I understand the whole deal with the anti-shatter film. Of course it's possible to apply a screen protector on top of the film, but how well does it work? Does it impair touch performance or responsiveness? I'd really love to hear from anyone who actually did apply a screen protector on top of their Xperia Z.

stefox2003

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
No probs whatsoever with mine, you get 2 protectors in the box and it was the first thing I did, no issues with touch screen performance and if you get it right you can't tell its On! The screen is so gorgeous I'd hate to scratch it! Great choice of phone too might I add :)

Posted via Android Central App

stefox2003

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Only issue I'm having is after charging overnight the phone tells me the internal memory is 101%full, even though I have 9GB free! Very odd :0/ then I clear the message and its ok again, I'm loving the z, superb phone!

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine for one day the unlocked one from Sony using on att it's great and has a screen protector on it I might get another just depends but the one it comes with is good for now.

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 4

skibnik

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a Z for my brother the salesman told me it has a built in screen protector so its not really necessary to apply another one. is this true or would it be better to double up on protection?

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Only problem with the screen protector, (anti-shatter film), that comes pre-installed on the device is that it has barely any scratch resistance whatsoever. Within just over a week mine had 2 scratches that came completely from nowhere :/ I would HIGHLY recommend placing another screen protector on top of the default one the moment you get the phone otherwise if you scratch the original plastic covering, you'll be stuck with that scratch unless you choose to take it off and reveal the bare screen.

Also, try to get an oleophobic screen protector. They're the type of protectors that are unbelievably easy to clean are are SUPER resistant to scratches.

Regards,
Mike

Jinx13

Nov 27, 2013
plus.google.com
I've had 3 Xperia Z now every colour. 2 of which the screen has broken on me (and they wasnt cheap ones) I'm now giving it a go on my 3rd phone without one :-D

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Benny515

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I got my Xperia Z today, and installed the factory protectors front and back. However, I messed up putting the front one on so had to buy another. Don't know what brand it was but it's anti-glare, does not affect screen performance at all and doesn't get dirty either! Well worth investing in if you can find one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith