Switching from BBerry Bold 9900: Outlook sync question

mistermark2

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of switching from a BlackBerry Bold 9000 to a Sony Xperia Z and have some questions relating to synchronising with Outlook on a PC. I'd appreciate answers that assume a low level of Android-related knowledge.

Does the Xperia Z include as standard calendar, contacts, notes and tasks software comparable to those on a BlackBerry? If so, can these be synchronised with the equivalent functions in a (PC-based, not Exchange) version of Outlook, either using built-in software or a good quality, widely available aftermarket application? And if the calendar/contacts/notes/tasks software is not built in to the Xperia Z, is there a good aftermarket solution?

Finally, I also have a large iTunes library on my Mac. Is there an easy way to sync that with the Xperia Z to get my music onto it (bearing in mind this means syncing selectively with a second computer using a different operating system)?

mistermark2

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I see it can be used to synchronise calendar, contact and memo information from an iPhone, and I'm guessing also a PC. Can it also be used to import tasks from Outlook into an Xperia Z?

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
Can it also be used to import tasks from Outlook into an Xperia Z?

The PC Companion doesn't explicitly mention support for Outlook on their webpage. One would assume it works with Outlook...

If you find it doesn't, try CompanionLink. It was developed during the BlackBerry days for people using PC Outlook (non-Exchange setups) who wanted to sync their complete Outlook PST file (contacts, calendars, tasks, notes). You choose from USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync, depending on your preference. Works great with the Xperia line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user