- 8 Posts
Switching from BBerry Bold 9900: Outlook sync question
I'm thinking of switching from a BlackBerry Bold 9000 to a Sony Xperia Z and have some questions relating to synchronising with Outlook on a PC. I'd appreciate answers that assume a low level of Android-related knowledge.
Does the Xperia Z include as standard calendar, contacts, notes and tasks software comparable to those on a BlackBerry? If so, can these be synchronised with the equivalent functions in a (PC-based, not Exchange) version of Outlook, either using built-in software or a good quality, widely available aftermarket application? And if the calendar/contacts/notes/tasks software is not built in to the Xperia Z, is there a good aftermarket solution?
Finally, I also have a large iTunes library on my Mac. Is there an easy way to sync that with the Xperia Z to get my music onto it (bearing in mind this means syncing selectively with a second computer using a different operating system)?
- 08-16-2013, 04:10 PM #2
- 08-16-2013, 04:35 PM #3
- 08-28-2013, 05:15 PM #5
Re: Switching from BBerry Bold 9900: Outlook sync question
If you find it doesn't, try CompanionLink. It was developed during the BlackBerry days for people using PC Outlook (non-Exchange setups) who wanted to sync their complete Outlook PST file (contacts, calendars, tasks, notes). You choose from USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync, depending on your preference. Works great with the Xperia line.
- By LeaS in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 3Last Post: 08-13-2016, 09:08 PM
- By dotsgurl in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 08-12-2013, 10:41 PM
- By Josh Huffman in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 5Last Post: 08-12-2013, 05:55 PM
- By DroidR2D2E2 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 08-12-2013, 12:11 PM
- By mastermiaow in forum Samsung Galaxy 3Replies: 1Last Post: 08-12-2013, 07:52 AM