1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switching from BBerry Bold 9900: Outlook sync question

I'm thinking of switching from a BlackBerry Bold 9000 to a Sony Xperia Z and have some questions relating to synchronising with Outlook on a PC. I'd appreciate answers that assume a low level of Android-related knowledge.

Does the Xperia Z include as standard calendar, contacts, notes and tasks software comparable to those on a BlackBerry? If so, can these be synchronised with the equivalent functions in a (PC-based, not Exchange) version of Outlook, either using built-in software or a good quality, widely available aftermarket application? And if the calendar/contacts/notes/tasks software is not built in to the Xperia Z, is there a good aftermarket solution?

Finally, I also have a large iTunes library on my Mac. Is there an easy way to sync that with the Xperia Z to get my music onto it (bearing in mind this means syncing selectively with a second computer using a different operating system)?

Default Re: Switching from BBerry Bold 9900: Outlook sync question

Sony has an official app to do most of it, definitely the iTunes part, I do it. Go check it out

Sent from my Android

I'm referring to of course. There is also a Mac version.

Sent from my Android
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks. I see it can be used to synchronise calendar, contact and memo information from an iPhone, and I'm guessing also a PC. Can it also be used to import tasks from Outlook into an Xperia Z?

Quote Originally Posted by mistermark2 View Post
    Can it also be used to import tasks from Outlook into an Xperia Z?
    The PC Companion doesn't explicitly mention support for Outlook on their webpage. One would assume it works with Outlook...

If you find it doesn't, try CompanionLink. It was developed during the BlackBerry days for people using PC Outlook (non-Exchange setups) who wanted to sync their complete Outlook PST file (contacts, calendars, tasks, notes). You choose from USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync, depending on your preference. Works great with the Xperia line.
    CompanionLink has over 1.2 million downloads and counting. We develop the most complete Android to Outlook sync product that lets you choose from USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync. It comes with our 4-star DejaOffice Android app that encrypts and stores your data on your device. Everything is backed by free telephone technical support.

Websites:
    www.companionlink.com/android
    www.dejaoffice.com