Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    Hi, i recently bought my xperia z and when i tried to install viber i get a error message when i try to syc my contacts that says viber is currently unavailable or is being blocked. i know its not blocked on my carrier(which is optus) as it was working just fine on my samsung galaxy S2. i have uninstalled and reinstalled it 6 times all with the same result. I have tried shutting it down after it was deleted as well as re starting it after i installed it. All of my regular contacts are in the phone but none of my viber contacts are there.Any help resolving this would be greatly apreaciated as the phone is no good to me if i can not get viber to work. Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. #2  
    Viber's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    Quote Originally Posted by fifan74 View Post
    Hi, i recently bought my xperia z and when i tried to install viber i get a error message when i try to syc my contacts that says viber is currently unavailable or is being blocked. i know its not blocked on my carrier(which is optus) as it was working just fine on my samsung galaxy S2. i have uninstalled and reinstalled it 6 times all with the same result. I have tried shutting it down after it was deleted as well as re starting it after i installed it. All of my regular contacts are in the phone but none of my viber contacts are there.Any help resolving this would be greatly apreaciated as the phone is no good to me if i can not get viber to work. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Hi,
    I'm an official representative from Viber.

    Have you tested the synchronization on WiFi as well?
    If it also fails on WiFi, then it could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

    1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
    2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
    TCP: 5242 + 4244
    UDP: 5243 + 9785

    (if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)
    A member of the Viber R&D Team (Viber app.)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    I am using my 3g connection( the same one that i used to download and use viber on for the last year). i have downloaded viber on to 2 phones with no issues so im positive that its not being blocked by my provider(optus). Im at a loss as to why it works on 2 of my older phones and not my new one....
  4. #4  
    Viber's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    Quote Originally Posted by fifan74 View Post
    I am using my 3g connection( the same one that i used to download and use viber on for the last year). i have downloaded viber on to 2 phones with no issues so im positive that its not being blocked by my provider(optus). Im at a loss as to why it works on 2 of my older phones and not my new one....
    The tests we mentioned in our original response are meant to help us understand the source of the problem.
    Providers can block certain phones/SIM cards due to new regulations on data plans (for example).

    Once we have the results of the tests, and also after you've contacted the provider to ask for the reason for the problem, will we be able to analyze the source of the problem better.
    A member of the Viber R&D Team (Viber app.)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    but i can remove my sim and put it back in my old phone and it works...
  6. #6  
    Viber's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    Quote Originally Posted by fifan74 View Post
    but i can remove my sim and put it back in my old phone and it works...
    Viber itself is linked to a SIM card, it is linked with the device.

    The SIM card allows you to use 3G (cellular) network, which Viber uses for internet. If that 3G network is blocking Viber, you will not be able to use Viber on it. However, you will be able to use Viber whenever connecting to WiFi, with or without a SIM card.

    So, that is why we asked for the specific tests that we mentioned above. Without the results from those tests, it will be very hard for us to advise you
    A member of the Viber R&D Team (Viber app.)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    Ok i have removed viber from my phone and re downloaded it using my wifi and i have the same issue, now i have another issue i needed viber to talk to my family in another country(which has worked flawlessly for 18 months in my samsung s2) so i took my sim out of my sony and put it back in my s2 and now all of my contacts are gone!!!! I have tried restarting my device i have removed my avast for android security i have tried updating my contacts after restart and when i first install it and nothing, they have just dissapeared. people can still send me a message but they still do not show up as a viber contact. please please help me get my contacts back and i will just live with my s2 and sell my xperia.
  8. #8  
    Viber's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    Quote Originally Posted by fifan74 View Post
    Ok i have removed viber from my phone and re downloaded it using my wifi and i have the same issue, now i have another issue i needed viber to talk to my family in another country(which has worked flawlessly for 18 months in my samsung s2) so i took my sim out of my sony and put it back in my s2 and now all of my contacts are gone!!!! I have tried restarting my device i have removed my avast for android security i have tried updating my contacts after restart and when i first install it and nothing, they have just dissapeared. people can still send me a message but they still do not show up as a viber contact. please please help me get my contacts back and i will just live with my s2 and sell my xperia.
    1. Please specify what country you're located in.
    2. Please, as instructed, test a few different WiFi networks.

    If none of the above work, we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details

    When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum". With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

    * Make sure to mention that you tried all the steps we listed in previous messages.

    Thanks in advance
    A member of the Viber R&D Team (Viber app.)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    I live in australia and i have tried 2 different wifi and my 3g connection on both phones and my viber contacts are gone in the samsung and i still get the error message with the sony.
  10. #10  
    Viber's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    Quote Originally Posted by fifan74 View Post
    I live in australia and i have tried 2 different wifi and my 3g connection on both phones and my viber contacts are gone in the samsung and i still get the error message with the sony.
    hi fifan,

    There is no way for us to assist you further - we kindly ask that you use the direct link we provided above and contact our Support Team.
    They have the tools to help you with the problem, and hopefully resolve it.

    Thanks.
    A member of the Viber R&D Team (Viber app.)
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    Fifan I am in Libya and also have same issue for viber and whatsapp for Xperia z. I guess it's problem of phone. When try to download it shows not available in ur country all though was using same in other phones nd people download nd use same app too
  12. #12  
    Viber's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarang Gandhi View Post
    Fifan I am in Libya and also have same issue for viber and whatsapp for Xperia z. I guess it's problem of phone. When try to download it shows not available in ur country all though was using same in other phones nd people download nd use same app too
    Please try to use this direct link from our HelpDesk: Can't download from Android market...
    A member of the Viber R&D Team (Viber app.)
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    Sir, i need ur help......my xperia z facing problem regarding speaker of viber...i hv to talk on loud speaker for viber...my phone's speaker doesn't work for viber...pls help...when i first installed viber, it worked...but now i,m facing this problem....pls help me out...
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    Hello there,
    I have sony ericsson experia and my viber goes offline when i don't use the phone and i only get my notifications for new viber messages when and only when i open my cell phone. When is on sleep mode but still on wifi viber notifications dont come in. I would appreciate your help.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Sony Xperia Z - viber issues

    I have one problem and i need help i have experia z1 and i cant disable viber notifications .....

    i disable it in viber aplications and i disable it in settings apps all apps viber get notification i uncheked it and i still get viber notifications... pls help
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Sony Xperia J - viber issues

    Good evening,
    i've got also a problem only with viber (i m using few apps similar to viber and they working perfectly) while im calling my micro doesn't work, and after some seconds the reconnection starting , all the time.

Similar Threads

  1. Yahoo contacts syncing issue
    By Rodeo52 in forum HTC One Series
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-16-2014, 04:47 PM
  2. Site issues with IE11
    By cb2367 in forum AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 09:45 AM
  3. GPS Issues
    By KevzDodd in forum LG G2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 09:02 PM
  4. Still learning - Camera issues after custom ROM
    By Kirn Parmar1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 08:30 PM
  5. Nexus 10 VS Sony Xperia Tablet Z?
    By Banshe in forum Google Nexus 10 Tablet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 03:16 PM

Posting Permissions