Xperia Z will only charge from computer?

AllyPop92

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm having a weird problem. My Xperia Z will only charge if it's connected by USB to a computer - it will NOT charge from a wall charger. I've tried a variety of different chargers, USB cables, outlets. I've tried it at my boyfriend's house, my house, at work, all the different things I could think of. Different USB cables, different wall adapters. Nada.

It's really inconvenient, and I'd like to get it working. Any thoughts?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm having a weird problem. My Xperia Z will only charge if it's connected by USB to a computer - it will NOT charge from a wall charger. I've tried a variety of different chargers, USB cables, outlets. I've tried it at my boyfriend's house, my house, at work, all the different things I could think of. Different USB cables, different wall adapters. Nada.

It's really inconvenient, and I'd like to get it working. Any thoughts?
Turn off the phone and connect it to the charger. See if that will work. If not, turn the device back on and reconnect to see if possibly the reboot helped.

If still no fix then a factory reset may work to clear out any software issues that might be causing the problem. Worst case scenario is a hardware issue that requires the device to be replaced or fixed. Let us know how the above few suggestions help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11