Why does my SIM Card keep saying it is full?

cabinessence72

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a Sony Xperia Z3. AS soon as I receive one voice mail, I get a message that states my SIM card is full. I have followed the steps t find my apparent existing messages, and click to delete. However, nothing happens. Does anyone know how I can delete these. I cannot find any evidence of existing messages in my voice mail either. Thanks!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: SIM Card Full

I've gotten these before on my Note 4. When I got the SIM card full message, I tapped the message and it brought me to a screen to delete everything on the SIM card. I usually only had this happen if I made changes to my account or changed my phone number. It's not something the phone usually does as phone normally don't write to the SIM card.

cabinessence72

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your message. I get that screen too. However, when i tap the items to delete they remain. I am not sure how to get around this.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

You shouldn't be storing anyhing on the SIM card. That's a holdover from when that was the only place on a phone that you could store anything. Use internal storage or an external SD card. (SIM cards have a relatively small amount of storage.)