My Sony Xperia Z turns itself off all the time, why is it doing this?

A

AC Question

My Sony Xperia Z turns itself off all the time

Hi, my Sony Xperia Z began to turn itself off about two weeks ago. At first I could always just put it on again, but than it started to happen more and more and now I'm not able of turning it on again unless it's charging. When I remove the charger it turns off again. Can someone please help?

Thanks a lot!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Sony Xperia Z turns itself off all the time

Hi, my Sony Xperia Z began to turn itself off about two weeks ago. At first I could always just put it on again, but than it started to happen more and more and now I'm not able of turning it on again unless it's charging. When I remove the charger it turns off again. Can someone please help?

Thanks a lot!

Welcome to Android Central!

Hold old is the phone? It could be the battery is going bad and it is time for a new one.

mac64

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
My sony z after upgrade to lollipop continuously turns itself off and on. It is about a 15 months old. It may stabilize for a short while, from a couple of hours then go back to on off. This is after I have done a factory reset. Battery is fine. Did the update and reset 2 days ago. This cycle is exhausting the charge on the battery, not the reverse. It appears to have been caused by the update, is anyone else experiencing this? What can be done?

JPJo

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I do have the same issue since lollipop with Xperia ZL phone and several others have mentioned the same problem since lollipop update as per the sony support forum. This bug basically renders the phone unusable. Had absolutely no issue with the phone or android prior to this update. It's as if Android is misreading the phone battery charge and causing the phone to shutdown because of low charge when the battery has sufficient charge. A fix ?

Borisbaconbeer

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Borisbaconbeer

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

Mine is a Sony Xperia z3 2 months old and is doing this. I have been reading forums from three years ago with various Sony androids with this very problem have pending Ti all of them. Sony is continually putting out new phones without fixing this issue. I will be recommending to people from now on to avoid Sony phones like the plague

ST_75

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site

Hi. Did u find a solution yet? Mine has started doin the same.....TIA Cheers S

Grl08

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site

Have you got the solution?
My phone is 1 day old z5 and it's trun ogf automatically and it's not even charging the battery neither Turning on :/

Marc Davies1

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site

Have you got the solution?
My phone is 1 day old z5 and it's trun ogf automatically and it's not even charging the battery neither Turning on :/

Hi I've got a z5 and every so often it turns it's bck up to Google pictures off does anyone else have this problem

xblitz

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I do have the same issue since lollipop with Xperia ZL phone and several others have mentioned the same problem since lollipop update as per the sony support forum. This bug basically renders the phone unusable. Had absolutely no issue with the phone or android prior to this update. It's as if Android is misreading the phone battery charge and causing the phone to shutdown because of low charge when the battery has sufficient charge. A fix ?

Same problem here. Did anyone found a solution for that?

januzigresa

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I am having The exact same problem because my phone battery charges my phone up from 51% to 100% in like a second and that's causing my phone to shut down really quick and sometimes it turned on again but it had less battery. Now it doesn't even turn on again. I would really use some quick help! Thanks!

Goldwing18

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

Thanks a lot!
I have the same issue where my phone keeps turning off. I have done several factory resets. Nothing has improved it has made my phone unusable. I have had the phone tested and there is nothing physically wrong it appears only to be a software problem. I'm sure it has something to do with the latest upgrade on the operating system I wish somebody would do something about repairing it. Has anyone yet found a fix for this problem. I have resorted to using my Nokia N8 which is plane bomb proof and reliable for years so you should take a note from my experience with Nokia. I have enjoyed the functionality of the Xperia but I am now very tired of this continuing problem and Sony not appearing to give a damn. Is the problem Sony or Google. A reply from other company would be greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair