Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    STEVENK3102's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default Sony Z1S with ATT

    my question is this and i have not received a answer to this question. It seems sony makes it very hard to own one of there phones. I want one very bad but im not sure i will get 4g. My carrier is ATT and if i buy a Z1S lets say from tmobile retail and get phone unlocked will this work with ATT??, I want this phone but i have no idea if it will work with my carrier. Can i buy from sony direct?? Please help, I dont know why i cant buy an unlocked phone and make it work with ATT and get 4G. Im located iin philadelphia. Any help would be appreciated.

    It seems most of sony phones Z1 will work with 4g in other countries. I dont want to switch to TMobile, but they seem to be the only carrier that has the sony phones

    Thnaks
    Steve
  2. #2  
    monotok's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    I am in the UK and was able to pre order the Z1 Compact from Sony direct, maybe you can in the US? Check the Whitepaper of the phone on their website and it will tell you all the 4G bands etc the device supports and check what bands ATT use, if they are the same then I guess it would work.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    If you get the c6906 Xperia Z1 it will work beautifuly on At&t lte. I've been using one for a week and I love it. I don't know if there is a Z1 compact that is going to work or not yet. You will have to buy the C6906 thru Ebay, Swappa or something though. They are sold in Canada but not in the Us

    Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    I have the unlocked Z1 (6903) and it picked up 4g, not sure if it will work with ATT LTE because the sim I used was not an LTE sim
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by monotok View Post
    I am in the UK and was able to pre order the Z1 Compact from Sony direct, maybe you can in the US? Check the Whitepaper of the phone on their website and it will tell you all the 4G bands etc the device supports and check what bands ATT use, if they are the same then I guess it would work.
    Would it be different in the u.s? I don't see it on the site at all.
  6. #6  
    monotok's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    Xperia Z1 Compact Specifications | 4.3” Touchscreen - Sony Smartphones (UK)

    That is the UK link. I dont think they have released it in the US but another supplier might ship it there?
  7. #7  
    jphillips1963's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    Will this phone be available on Verizon is what I'm trying find answers for. Does anyone know?

    sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips1963 View Post
    Will this phone be available on Verizon is what I'm trying find answers for. Does anyone know?

    sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro
    This phone won't be available on Verizon. Sony and Verizon don't like each other very much.

    Sent from my HTC One
  9. #9  
    jphillips1963's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    This phone won't be available on Verizon. Sony and Verizon don't like each other very much.

    Sent from my HTC One
    That bites. I wish every manufacturer would put demands on Verizon like apple does. Then maybe Verizon get there heads outta there own ***.

    sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    STEVENK3102's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    my question is this, i have tried to research a sony phone for the last year or so and have not been able to get a straight answer from sony and forums out there. This is so frustrating because i get several different answers about which sony phone will work with att while getting 4g lte. I wamnt the sony z1 compact when it somes out, i already have att service and just need to know will it work with att and receive 4g service is the us area (philly). If not i will just stick with what i have for now. I know the 6903 and 6906 z1 will work, that is what im being told. I appreciate your input with this.

    steve
  11. #11  
    Ukyo's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by STEVENK3102 View Post
    my question is this, i have tried to research a sony phone for the last year or so and have not been able to get a straight answer from sony and forums out there. This is so frustrating because i get several different answers about which sony phone will work with att while getting 4g lte. I wamnt the sony z1 compact when it somes out, i already have att service and just need to know will it work with att and receive 4g service is the us area (philly). If not i will just stick with what i have for now. I know the 6903 and 6906 z1 will work, that is what im being told. I appreciate your input with this.

    steve
    You should be able to check the frequency bands for a device and if it's unlocked and your carrier supports the bands, most likely it'll work. However some phones may be difficult to program the APN's for the carrier.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    It doesn't have the 700 band so it will not work with AT&T LTE. 3G/HSPA it will work. But no LTE

    Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
  13. #13  
    Ukyo's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by robertopod1968 View Post
    It doesn't have the 700 band so it will not work with AT&T LTE. 3G/HSPA it will work. But no LTE

    Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't band 17=700? Our phones support that.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't band 17=700? Our phones support that.
    The compact has 2600mhz band 7 but not 700mhz band 7 from the specs I'm seeing. I'm hoping to be wrong!
  15. #15  
    Ukyo's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    Quote Originally Posted by robertopod1968 View Post
    The compact has 2600mhz band 7 but not 700mhz band 7 from the specs I'm seeing. I'm hoping to be wrong!
    Ah he mentioned z1 compact and wasn't referring to the Tmo z1s. Sorry, I keep thinking since it's on a z1s thread, it's strictly about the z1s. That was my fault. Maybe if the z1s sells good here they will bring the compact stateside.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Sony Z1S with ATT

    I bought a compact and I'm using it on ATT. No LTE but it gets a really strong hspa + signal and speeds have shown to be between 3 and 10mbs. Haven't really noticed a difference in data speeds

    Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T S4 4.4 Google Edition help
    By Flashheatmvp3 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 02:38 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 03:01 AM
  3. How Do I Pair My Nexus 7 Tablet with NFC-Enabled Speakers?
    By StLouisMan2 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 06:30 PM
  4. WPA2 Enterprise connection with Nexus 7
    By mfm77 in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 06:58 AM
  5. trouble with WiFi fully connecting
    By jessatack22 in forum Droid RAZR M
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 11:17 PM

Posting Permissions