Sony Z1 Compact using with AT&T

CAL7

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Terminology is s little confusing. My wife's Nexus 5 indicates "LTE", but my Z1C shows 4G. The Z1C is getting download speeds less than half the N5. I can't tell if that's because I am not getting real LTE or if I'm just slower for another reason.

Oleander

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Z1C for about a month now on AT&T and experience annoying troubles with network reception. It may appear out of nowhere and then cut the call. It's been like that since I put in the sim card, and the guy at AT&T store didn't want to check other sim, as it's unfamiliar phone. Sony support isn't being very supportive as well, as they don't respond to my email for a week now.
Suggestions? :)

Huitlacoche

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Got my Z1c three weeks ago. While setting up on the AT&T network was seamless I am only getting HSPA+ in Houston, never LTE. But this is no surprise as ATT only uses 700 which the Z1c does not support. I will be headed over to T-Mobile soon which uses 1700/2100 which the Z1c supports.

Look at it this way. If you're like me, you know exactly why u bought a phone from the UK. It's unlocked and supports 4G LTE. So rather than hate on Sony for not catering to the madness that is the US carrier market, exercise your options.

Heck, Verizon won't even let you register an unlocked phone on their network. So I don't blame Sony. Do I love my Z1c? Yes!

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Got my Z1c three weeks ago. While setting up on the AT&T network was seamless I am only getting HSPA+ in Houston, never LTE. But this is no surprise as ATT only uses 700 which the Z1c does not support. I will be headed over to T-Mobile soon which uses 1700/2100 which the Z1c supports.

Look at it this way. If you're like me, you know exactly why u bought a phone from the UK. It's unlocked and supports 4G LTE. So rather than hate on Sony for not catering to the madness that is the US carrier market, exercise your options.

Heck, Verizon won't even let you register an unlocked phone on their network. So I don't blame Sony. Do I love my Z1c? Yes!

It is my favorite phone ever. And I've had them all. Even without LTE. I'd love to see a Z2 compact come to the US. Great camera, awesome battery life. Nobody comes close to this phone. The LG g2 is close. But the camera can't take a picture of anything moving.

Huitlacoche

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'd love to see a Z2 compact come to the US.

Don't count on it. As much as I too would love to see it come to the US I just don't think it will. Sony has already shown they are not much interested in the madness that is the US carrier market. However, I am already thinking about selling my Z1c to get the Z2c. That would seriously be the shortest run I have ever had with a phone :)

Oleander

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
So, I wanted to share my story. After horrific things happening to my Z1c Sony finally condescended to accept my phone for repair. They were super-slow in registering it in their repair system, and now I can't even check its status online (though the live chat operators see it in their system). Currently I don't even know what to expect, but they mentioned that if they don't fix it, they will replace my Z1c with some Sony phone for US market with the closest specs.
I don't like the situation at all and expected a better phone/service of Sony :(

Huitlacoche

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow, that is super bad news. Especially since all the US phones are behemoths compared to the Z1c. I wonder why they can't give u a new Z1c? I hope they are able to fix it cuz the would be a bummer.

ETjumps

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Have z1c on t-mobile in fort lauderdale, bought from amazon unlocked. works great. doesn't show lte, but shows 4g and gets 11-12 mbs
only draw back I've had is kitkat and apps on sd card, had my s3 backed up on sd card and couldn't restore to z1c , so had to do a lot manually to set up new phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech