- 8 Posts
Magnetic charging dock review
I got my phone from Clove in the UK and they sent a free magnetic charging dock. Model DK32. At first I was hesitant because I didn't have a compatible UK to USA electrical plug. And the instructions said explicitly NOT to plug the dock into a computer.
Also, the transformer print was practically impossible to read. But after a while I convinced myself it says it is rated for 50-60 Hz and 110-220 VAC. So I went and got a US adapter and all I can say is it works great . The connection is solid and I actually have to use two hands to disconnect the phone because the dock is so small and light.
It is especially nice not having to open the USB flap every time to charge because I was worried about the water seal eventually failing.
One downside is the size of the wall wart with the combination of the Sony transformer and my adapter. Plus the USB cable plugs in at an odd angle, the side, versus what would seem more logical, the back.
Also, as I mentioned, the base is so small and light it makes the phone difficult to disconnect. But I have developed a one-handed technique.
All in all though, I am glad I have it and thanks Clove.
Last edited by Huitlacoche; 04-24-2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Typo
- By sbudaj in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 6Last Post: 09-16-2014, 01:04 PM
- By Joe113 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 26Last Post: 07-15-2014, 05:40 PM
- By jrog28 in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 04-28-2014, 09:57 AM
- By Pakbackr in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 04-23-2014, 05:58 PM
- By TenshiNo in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 04-23-2014, 04:16 PM