Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Pictures Auto Upload

I recently found all of the pictures from all of my apps uploaded in my gallery. How do I stop this as I don't want any of them showing apart from the pictures I take on my camera.

Default Re: Google Pictures Auto Upload

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Google Settings>Google+>Auto Backup, and turn it off.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks B. Diddy, is this just to stop them uploading to my google account because if so, I am talking about my mobile phone gallery?

Oh sorry--I misunderstood. It sounds like you have images used by apps that are showing up in your gallery, which you don't want, right? I initially thought you didn't want photos you took to auto-upload to your Google+/Picasa albums, based on the title of your post.

To prevent unwanted images from showing up in your Gallery, you need to locate the folder that contains those images (using any file explorer app) and create a blank text file titled ".nomedia" (the leading period is important). This will make the system ignore that folder when searching for media.
    facm88 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I tried copying that over but it wouldn't copy, I am probably going to sound dumb but do I need to keep the " " in?

No, no quotes. Don't copy it over--use a file manager app and create the .nomedia file (it should be a blank text file).

Same problem with me. My xperia z1 compact is still 3 weeks old. Suddenly, there's alot of images in my album from sites that I had visited and from walkwan. I keep on deleting them manually but sometimes its just too many. Hope you can help me Sir.