Google Pictures Auto Upload

facm88

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I recently found all of the pictures from all of my apps uploaded in my gallery. How do I stop this as I don't want any of them showing apart from the pictures I take on my camera.

facm88

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy, is this just to stop them uploading to my google account because if so, I am talking about my mobile phone gallery?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh sorry--I misunderstood. It sounds like you have images used by apps that are showing up in your gallery, which you don't want, right? I initially thought you didn't want photos you took to auto-upload to your Google+/Picasa albums, based on the title of your post.

To prevent unwanted images from showing up in your Gallery, you need to locate the folder that contains those images (using any file explorer app) and create a blank text file titled ".nomedia" (the leading period is important). This will make the system ignore that folder when searching for media.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, no quotes. Don't copy it over--use a file manager app and create the .nomedia file (it should be a blank text file).

Loui Lebeco

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with me. My xperia z1 compact is still 3 weeks old. Suddenly, there's alot of images in my album from sites that I had visited and from walkwan. I keep on deleting them manually but sometimes its just too many. Hope you can help me Sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34