- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I'm thinking of buying the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Since I'm interested in buying this phone, I just wanted to ask the owners a couple of questions about it, so I'll know that this is the phone for me, (P.S. My current phone is a Samsung Galaxy mini 2......which I got last year.....).
- So how does the camera fare when compared with something like the Sony Xperia Z2 or the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the iPhone 5s?
- Do you feel the camera button location is good and is it really hard to press when taking pictures?
- Is the phone good at taking low-light, indoor pictures? I ask this since I have heard some criticisms about the camera taking grainy photos with the poorest details and low resolution when in low-light.
- Is the phone small enough to use with one hand effortlessly?
- Is the battery life good?
- Does the phone scratch easily?
- What's texting on this phone like? Can you change the keyboard to another one you got off the Google Play store?
- Can it survive a couple of drops every now and then, without any signs of cracking, since I am a bit accident prone, so I don't want to have a heart attack every time I drop it.
- How are the water and dust resistant properties? Would you say it's on the same level as the Z2 and the S5, despite being a "compact" phone.
- Is this a good phone for gaming?
- Does it feel sluggish at times?
Also, I know that Sony have installed their own type of software, is any of it useful?
- 07-10-2014, 06:44 PM #2
- 07-12-2014, 04:05 PM #3
- 9 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: I'm thinking of buying the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
I bought this phone when it came to UK. Now sony US is selling it.
This is phone is amazing. Nice screen(if you don't care about 1080p), great camera and long battery.
Camera is a good. But you just need to learn how to use maunal instead of auto. Shooting button is good, you can also use volume button as capture. Low light works fine to me and I never use a flashlight.
If you like big screen, go after z2 or s5. This 4.3 inch screen is enough for me and I feel so good with one hand using.
No need to consider too much about processor or ram. They are out performance right now. You don't need a cellphone to compete with pc. What you should consider is how fast you can get the latest system update. And sony is doing a better job than Samsung. But he problem is Song now is abandoning US market. You may have to flash instead of OTA.
BTW, the phone is made by a metal body so it's a little bit easy to get scratch.
Anyway, I highly recommend this phone, neat and beautiful.
Gaming on sony xperia is awesome, all you need is a ps3 dualshock controller. They support each other. You can even turn your phone into a psp.
Water proof is true , but you don't want to take a shower with it everyday.
About 4k video and other new stuff, xda has a lot of devs who contribute and z1 compact now has 4k video and timeshift video. No need to worry about these functions if you know a little bit of android. Keyboard is not even an issue at all.
Sony software is ok, you can delete them as your demand. I keep some such as note and recorder.
Charging dock is available.
Anyway, I like this phone a lot. Hope my words can help.
Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
- 07-21-2014, 10:05 PM #4
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-06-2014, 02:41 AM
- By Zamurai127 in forum Android AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-13-2014, 09:34 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-11-2014, 04:52 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-10-2014, 10:24 AM
- By Trixz_D in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 07-10-2014, 09:50 AM