Lollipop 5.1.1 battery 0 bug and Sony Bridge or mac fury?

Miss_DIY

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Lollipop 5.1.1 battery 0% bug and Sony Bridge gor mac fury

I've had issues with my phone since first accepting lollipop last May 2015.

I currently have the latest firmware. 14.6.A.1.236 lollipop 5.1.1

Now the phone just randomly cuts out to 0% from any random number, e.g 75% or 46% and powers down with no notice.

But then you charge it for maybe only 10mins and it says 75% again and quickly reaches 100%. Too quickly to be really doing so.

The battery usage app shows it cutting out on the graph. I've read its a bug in Google's android app.

The battery drops rapidly down when the phone is asleep and over night. I'm barely getting to use it!

I thought it was a launcher I was trying out called TSF launcher but after uninstalling that, it's still happening. The only other apps I've installed lately are Amazon underground to watch films and the new lollipop update installed an Amazing Shopping app.

I can't repair my phone because on my Macbook Pro from 2008, running mountain lion 10.8, Sony bridge for Mac is utterly rubbish!

After getting the latest update for Sony Bridge, it now detects the phone but when I try and repair it, it stops with an error saying ping is not working and to check my internet connection, when that is fine!

I paid £380 outright for my phone in May 2014 and it's the biggest mistake ever in gadetry!

The magnetic charge port falls out when I connect that up and the main charge port goes through micro usb cables all the time.

Even without this current sudden battery death, I'm charging my phone every 7 hours and don't really use it that much but for a bit of whatsapp, shopping, browsing and Facebook.

Any thoughts, similar experiences or fixes?

I used to have an HTC Desire i rooted and loved the freedom but I don't want to root this as still have warranty till May but can't let it go off for repair.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I know it may not be what you want to hear, but your description of how the battery is dropping from such-and-such percentage to 0% dead, then put it on the charger and it goes up a huge percentage again immediately, sounds to me like a bad battery and you simply need to get a battery replacement. If the Z1 is a phone with a sealed battery, repair shops like uBreakiFix, FonDoctor, Bob Knows Phones, etc. can do this for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173