Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22,263 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default The Z1

Honestly, the first I have heard of it. Anyone have anything more specific?
    Is there any carrier exclusivity?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: The Z1

Sony Xperia Z1 - Smartphones - CNET Reviews

Says worldwide release in September. The thing looks like a beast! I wonder if it has wireless charging.
    I would think the Z1 would be available at least for T-mobile, since it currently carries the Z. I certainly hope so.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    22,263 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by bro1999 View Post
    Sony Xperia Z1 - Smartphones - CNET Reviews

Says worldwide release in September. The thing looks like a beast! I wonder if it has wireless charging.
    I would think the Z1 would be available at least for T-mobile, since it currently carries the Z. I certainly hope so.
    I am hoping for all carriers to have it.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I am hoping for all carriers to have it.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    I've heard a rumor that T-mobile has an exclusivity agreement with Sony, and that at least in the near future all Sony releases will only be for T-mobile. That would explain why the Xperia Z is only on T-mobile.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by bro1999 View Post
    I've heard a rumor that T-mobile has an exclusivity agreement with Sony, and that at least in the near future all Sony releases will only be for T-mobile. That would explain why the Xperia Z is only on T-mobile.
    Never put to much stock in rumours. They are after all just rumours and at this point should be taken with a grain of salt until they are confirmed. That being said, I would like to see this on all the carriers, as this exclusivity thing is a joke. How can you make money when you're limiting you're product to only one segment of the market. Let alone the smallest.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    22,263 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Never put to much stock in rumours. They are after all just rumours and at this point should be taken with a grain of salt until they are confirmed. That being said, I would like to see this on all the carriers, as this exclusivity thing is a joke. How can you make money when you're limiting you're product to only one segment of the market. Let alone the smallest.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I am inclined to agree.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline

Not even close to a deal breaker, but I don't see anything about 4K video.

Xperia z1 please come to Tmobile, and please have a better screen than the Z.

I think its the best looking Android available and best phone announced at the IFA

I have a friend that works with the FCC, and he said, unofficially of course, his organization has been testing a Sony Honami (Xperia Z1) recently. So hopefully that means the Z1 will be coming out in the U.S. pretty soon. Though supposedly the Z Ultra is also supposed to come out soon, at least according to the Sony website. Might not want to hold my breath for the Z1 release.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Sony doesn't seem to care about the US market. It's a shame. I patiently waited for the Z1 thinking this would be the big flagship that would be sure to hit the US carriers. But once again, pre orders and pricing for Europe etc... Jack &#@& for the US.

I heard that unlocked non LTE versions will be available for the US eventually.

I think I'll stop buying Sony electronics all together.

Posted via Android Central App

I've actually seen one.. Its so good... Only had 2-3 mins to play with it but UI was smooth, camera was crystal clear and screen was great! 3 store here in UK already had it for sale but I'm waiting for phones4u to get it since I've set up a special upgrade deal with them

Global Posts
    9,143 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

This is a good looking device. I highly doubt Sprint would carry such a device, so I'd not even be able to consider it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Preordered mine from ee in the uk which means I get a free smart watch as well

According to negrielectronics the LTE bands seem compatible with AT&T and yes the unlocked version will have LTE from what I saw, which I think is pretty cool.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

I called Negri, they said the unlocked Z1 they have up for pre order now will work on ATT but no LTE. They seem to think that they will soon have unlocked Z1 that will be compatible with ATT LTE but no ETA.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

I'm really interested in the Z1. I am a current Lumia 920 Owner and think I want to give android a go and this phone really caught my eye. I've had a few sony laptops in the past that have always served me well. Can't wait to see more details and I do hope it supports LTE here on AT&T like my 920 does today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper1087 View Post
    According to negrielectronics the LTE bands seem compatible with AT&T and yes the unlocked version will have LTE from what I saw, which I think is pretty cool.
    The model Negri has up now is the C6903 and it is supposedly for T-Mobile LTE, not AT&T. I believe the C6906 is the LTE model for AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by thepanttherlady View Post
    The model Negri has up now is the C6903 and it is supposedly for T-Mobile LTE, not AT&T. I believe the C6906 is the LTE model for AT&T.
    yeah yeh, I know their staff was completely untrained, the 6906 is probably going to be released at a later date.