I've got the Xperia Z1. You've got questions. Let's do this.

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alex. I spent some time looking at Sony's propaganda on the Z1 and the only thing I recall that suggests any type of image stabilization is a fast shutter speed. Maybe I missed something.

One question... Does the camera interface provide an option to save the photos to the removable microSD card instead of the built-in storage?
Looks like you're right. I could've sworn I saw OIS explicitly mentioned in the menus, but all I see is SteadyShot, which I guess is software.

Is there third party app that can record 4k videos?
Not that I'm aware of. The chip (Snap 800) should support it though, and the sensor certainly has more than enough pixels. There's a chance Sony could patch it in at a later date.

Alex,

Does Sony implement any kind of Apps2SD??

Like Samsung did after many customers started to get mad for being out of space...
No apps2sd.

hello I've got the Xperia tx... so how good is tx compared to the Xperia Z1?
It's a huge upgrade from the TX.

zohayb

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Zohayb what music player are you using? I'm using google music (all access) and its not working

I use it with Google music and sound cloud(sometimes)

Did you try the pressing the buttons on the earphone while inserting it? that works for a lot of people.

B1GDAZ

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I use it with Google music and sound cloud(sometimes)

Did you try the pressing the buttons on the earphone while inserting it? that works for a lot of people.

Thanks for the reply. Just tried that with both Google music and Sony Walkman. Might have to do a factory reset and if that doesn't work might have a faulty phone :-(

Kor770

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Alex!

Just wondering about the Camera features, other than it's Exmor R sensor,
what other features does the Camera App have?

I know it has the "takes pictures 1 sec before and 1sec after you click" that allows you to select which one is the perfect shot.
Is that at 8 mpixels only?

Does it have the HTC One's Zoe feature, where you can select the Face of one of the subjects, and "dial back" time on that face only?
Or do we just get to choose from one of the 60+ pictures that were taken during those 2 secs.

And is the camera good for photographing "fast action"?
Like a fitness class?
or a dance competition?
Is the "take 2 seconds of pics" feature able to "Freeze" action in one of the frames? Or are all the frames just blurs because of the subject movement.

So want to like this camera/smartphone. :)

Thank you soooo much for taking the time to answer our burning questions! :)

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Just tried that with both Google music and Sony Walkman. Might have to do a factory reset and if that doesn't work might have a faulty phone :-(

Its a software bug... A lot of people are having it too on XDA...

Posted via Android Central App

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi I can confirm that the latest firmware update. 534 fixes the headphone bug. Only issue is the UK unlocked Low models haven't received a single update!

Posted via Android Central App

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
How is the battery life ?

Have you tested to see how waterproof and scratch resistant it is ?

I've got a Z1 and its battery lasted about 1 day 1 hour.. Its still new and only has done a second charge so its not fully optimised yet. I had about 3 hours screen time but having 25% of you battery being eaten up by Google Services is not nice.. Anyone knows the solution for that?

Westyxxx

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I've got a Z1 and its battery lasted about 1 day 1 hour.. Its still new and only has done a second charge so its not fully optimised yet. I had about 3 hours screen time but having 25% of you battery being eaten up by Google Services is not nice.. Anyone knows the solution for that?

Sorry, no, but this is my usage today for reference...

Screenshot_2013-09-23-20-28-01_zps69148df9.jpg

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Mostly would like a comparison with cameras of the LG G2 and lumia 1020, now you mentioned low light isnt that great, but how does it stack up to the competition, I know this doesnt support AT&T LTE, but I dont mind giving it up, as long as other things work as expected. My second question is if the phone has the shutdown bug thing you mentioned, is there a fix? Will a hard reset at the beginning fix it? And if it happens and hard reset does fix it, what is the button combination, and will that fix it permanently?

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I just got my C6903 in from Clove today and love it! I'm with T-Mobile too but haven't seen LTE speeds yet (could be the area I'm in). I know where I live has LTE so I'll test it when I get there this evening. Right now it's showing HSPA+.

If you're going to order from Clove or Handtec do so quickly before their offer of a free Sony Smartwatch 2 with purchase ends. :) Watches ship out at the end of September/beginning of October.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana