Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: I've got the Xperia Z1. You've got questions. Let's do this.

Quote Originally Posted by tusharrastogi View Post
    Heating a lot reaching upto 43 degrees

Posted via Android Central App
    Thats perfectly normal. My phone has reached 48 degrees celsius. Just make sure it does not exceed 50 degrees celsius. Phones are tough.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Mobile Nations mobile app
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)

Quote Originally Posted by tusharrastogi View Post
    Hello Friends,

Got my Xperia Z1 on 6th of this month. Have been trying to find out how can i install the games, applications directly to the External 64gb SD card. I couldn't find any process or method to transfer files, games with .apk & .obb files, music, videos and applications downloaded directly from Google Play should directly get installed to the SD Card. Any help on this is appreciated. I am new to Android world so i seek help from the masters of this field.

Thanks
    Use this app for that: (download from play store-remember, not all apps are transferable to sd card) this app will show you which are transferable and which are not.

To transfer apps manually go: > settings > applications > manage (i dont recommended doing it this way as it wastes time because you have to guess which apps are transferable or not.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Mobile Nations mobile app
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)

Ok I used the Sony Xperia Transfer service and came from an iphone, worked fine. Have about 7gb of photo's and videos and everything was where I wanted it to be.

But the problem is when I bought a micro sd card, installed it. It won't let me transfer the album (photos/videos) to the SD card even though there is enough space. When I got to settings>>>storage>>> pictures and videos is only 42mb but when I go to misc>>>xperia transfer is about 6-7gb

How do I transfer these to the sd card?

Quote Originally Posted by btort1 View Post
    Ok I used the Sony Xperia Transfer service and came from an iphone, worked fine. Have about 7gb of photo's and videos and everything was where I wanted it to be.

But the problem is when I bought a micro sd card, installed it. It won't let me transfer the album (photos/videos) to the SD card even though there is enough space. When I got to settings>>>storage>>> pictures and videos is only 42mb but when I go to misc>>>xperia transfer is about 6-7gb

How do I transfer these to the sd card?
    For this I'd recommend using a file manager. Es file explorer is a good one:

To use it: find all the files you wish to transfer to sd card, cut/copy and past them on the sd card.

To find the file location go into one image that you wish to move > more > details (this is how I do it on my HTC EVO 3D but I assume it will be similar to your device)

Note: chances are, all the images you wish to move are in the same file location.

Let me know if your struggling.

Using Windows since 1998

Got it thanks!

So the Z1 is rumoured for T Mobile and there's still no news about AT&T, so I'm guessing 3g will only work on an unlocked international version right? Assuming you have AT&T

Got it thanks!

So the Z1 is rumoured for T Mobile and there's still no news about AT&T, so I'm guessing 3g will only work on an unlocked international version right? Assuming you have AT&T
    Actually I'm with Virgin mobile. I cant answer your question as I have never seen a locked phone in my life...the concept of a locked phone does not exist in south africa. But you can always get unlock codes that do the trick for unlocking your phone and they ain't expensive. Sorry that was what you were asking right ?

Using Windows since 1998

Oh ok got it thanks, sony finally released a US one on their online store today!

The Z barely last me the whole day, how many more hours will the z1 have over the z before it dies?

The Z barely last me the whole day, how many more hours will the z1 have over the z before it dies?
    Well the battery on the Z1 is a lot bigger, from a 2330mAh in the Z to a 3000mAh in the Z1 (22.3% bigger)

Using Windows since 1998
    Last edited by stalemate1; 10-17-2013 at 05:18 AM.

The XZ1 has added GLOSNASS to the GPS.
    How good is its GPS ... gets the XZ1 a GPS lock in the house or in the dense forest?

Can you group text on the Z1 with the stock message app? I know S4's can

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerUk View Post
    Does this phone feel too big in the hand?

How long is your typical battery?
    Well I wouldn't call it a comfortable one hand operated device....no device will get that title if its larger than 4 inches. Even 4 inches is somewhat questionable.

Hi there. I have a sony xperia z1 that keeps beeping at me, I think it relates to switching between networks, but I can't figure out how to turn the beeping off. Thx!

Hi.. Is there a way to reduce the RAM usage on the phone? Tried shutting down running apps, but it is not making much of a difference..

Don't worry about RAM usage
    A process not running, just remaining in RAM doesn't use processor power, that's why it doesn't consumed battery.
    Android tries to hold processes in RAM, as many as possible, in case their apps are started again. That's saving processor power and therefore battery power.
    Android's efficient process management will automatically close unused processes when it needs to in order to optimize RAM usage.
    "Not used RAM is useless RAM".

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Dragon View Post
    Hi.. Is there a way to reduce the RAM usage on the phone? Tried shutting down running apps, but it is not making much of a difference..
    I've never had a RAM shortage at all with the Z1.... No need to do anything about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anthony View Post
    Hi there. I have a sony xperia z1 that keeps beeping at me, I think it relates to switching between networks, but I can't figure out how to turn the beeping off. Thx!

Put it on silent or go settings > mobile network > un-tick data roaming sound.

Or to stop it from switching networks go: settings > mobile network > network mode > change it to 3G if you are using 4G and it you are using 3G change it to edge. This will give you better network coverage.

Dont buy the one from the Sony store, its not LTE capable. POS
    Last edited by jessie1775; 11-08-2013 at 08:08 PM.

when I put the phone in charge, there is a kind of video promoting the Xperia Z1 that apear, and when I leave and I come back to main home, i find the original sitting, all the widget or the application that i add are removed, each time is same thing, i am serching for solution

Hi on the z1 there is the google bar on the home screen and chrome in the menu apps..which is best to use?
    and how do u delete browsing history?
    many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jessie1775 View Post
    Dont buy it, its not LTE capable. POS
    Its LTE capable dude! Try searching before posting ok?

My Android is My only Best Friend :-)

Thanks for reply stale. But I have already applied that method of transfer. Xperia z1 don't allow apps to move to sd card

Default Re: I've got the Xperia Z1. auto delete of images

Re: I've got the Xperia Z1. i take photo from my xperia z1 . nd then i switch off and switch on the phone . all the images are not found. .what is wrong with my phone?

Ummmm yeah I know, the C6902 is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoRhaz89 View Post
    Its LTE capable dude! Try searching before posting ok?

My Android is My only Best Friend :-)
    The C6902 is not, which is the version I was referring to.

try this for installing directly to SD card -
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast