Sony Xperia Z1 - z1 random shutdown

ahunter281#WP

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My z1 just randomly shutdown today and could only be switched back on using a hard reset. It had 75%battery and was in my pocket. Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else.

Mikhai

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue after using the phone app, but was able to get it back online in 5 min without hard reset

Posted via Android Central App

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My z1 just randomly shutdown today and could only be switched back on using a hard reset. It had 75%battery and was in my pocket. Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else.

Have had it happen once while I was using Walkman.. It seems some bug is there which Sony will have to fix With a software update!

Posted via Android Central App

ahunter281#WP

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
no such luck, 3 days before the dreaded blackscreen of death. hard reset doesnt even sort it. hoping I can change phones, if not I hope the 3rd one lasts longer

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
no such luck, 3 days before the dreaded blackscreen of death. hard reset doesnt even sort it. hoping I can change phones, if not I hope the 3rd one lasts longer

Do you have a microSD card? If you do I heard over at XDA to format the card and then transfer the content to the card once is in the phone.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
nope, no sd card and followed advice on sony forums suggesting turning off optimising backlight etc. but it still went off

Ok is it just turning off and you have to turn it on? I was testing a unit and on XDA they told me to just wipe the sd card, but I guess is not helping By he time they answer I didnt have the phone in my posession anymore.

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
mine did the same just now, the screen flickered then went off, had to hard reset all seems ok now, just hope it's not an ongoing problem.

Shiva Srinivasan

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, exactly the same thing happened to me while i was using the Walkman app on my Z1. I had to press the power + upper volume button to force start my phone. I am displeased this situation occurred. I pray Sony rectifies the situation with update soon.

koraysilvan

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I had the same situation with my Z1. While i was updating what'sapp, It suddenly swiched off by itself. I have send it to sevice but As their opinion Phone has unreal apps. That's why it is out of guarantee. And they requested insane amounth approximately 400USD. Shall i try Power+Upper Volume button ? Could it work back ?

putneychap

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Same issue with a new handset I got about a month ago. I tried it in safe mode, all was ok, so I suspected an app that I had downloaded... but which one? I then started removing all the apps that I had downloaded, one by one, testing the handset as normal after each removal, until I found the app that was causing the problem. AVG antivirus app was the culprit. Once that had gone, my handset operated as expected and hasn't turned off once. So... my phone is possibly vulnerable to virus attack, but at least I can use it when I want and can start downloading more apps.

Benjamin Schlang

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
My Z1 shut down randomly at 75% but when I pluged it in the USB port of my Notebook it turned back on and worked perfectly fine.
Try it. I think it will work better then do a hard reset.

Labonno Chowdhury

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
It happened to me to. i had 88% charge and it shut down out of nowhere. i waited for it to start back up but its not responding since. i reinserted the SIM but it did'nt work. The casing is rigid so i was unable to remove the battery and put it back to see if that could work.

siobhiec

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
my Sony Xperia Z1 has just shut down of its own accord when i was using notes and it wont restart even with the hard reset....... i tried to remove the back cover but it is so rigid that i have a small shatter at the top of the case at the back now am getting really annoyed........ its only a few moths old and hasn't been banged around or anything like that has anybody had the issue where the phone refuses to turn back on i am not sure what kind of guarantee comes with the phone but i am thinking that i will be soon finding out !!!! :mad: :mad:

peter59

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I think this is an Android problem.
My Sony Xperia Z1 has also the syndrome of randomly shutdown with KitKat 4.4.4.
I was persuaded that the battery is down and sent my device with warranty to repair it.
Meanwhile I got a LG Nexus 4 with Android L 5.01. Yesterday it randomly shutdown with over 60% energy, and could only start it by plug in it.

Pancho Maran

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Oh boy just bought a new one from ebay. The honami version. Am I in trouble with this shutdown issue? I heard it can be upgraded to lollipop. I bought the unlocked version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2