Suggest me a good phone!!

Jyoti Sahoo

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am totally confused between Note 3 and Xperia Z1 , which one shall I buy?? Here are some things I have figured out

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Pros
S Pen
Multi Tasking
3GB Ram
And tons of features

Cons
Worst and laggy UI
No good looks
Media Player Sucks

My Problem : Bad UI

Sony Xperia Z1

Pros
Sexy and fast UI
Premium Design
Waterproof and Dustproof
Scratch Resistant Glass
And display technologies by sony

Cons
TOO BIG for a small 5 inch screen
Slow Updates
Lack in features like Note 3

My Problem : Big Size for a 5inch screen

So Please suggest me which one shall I get!

With Best Regards
Jyoti Ranjan

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Have you ever check out any other phone maybe Nexus or google play Galaxy s4 or the HTC One with out the bloatware on it just a stock Android phone

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am totally confused between Note 3 and Xperia Z1 , which one shall I buy?? Here are some things I have figured out

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Cons
Worst and laggy UI
The Note 3 has a SD800. It does NOT lag whatsoever.
If you don't like the UI you can always install a launcher of flash a custom ROM :)
I'd say Note 3. Better phone overall

Jyoti Sahoo

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Have you ever check out any other phone maybe Nexus or google play Galaxy s4 or the HTC One with out the bloatware on it just a stock Android phone

They are not available in my country right now. And Note 3 and xperia z1 are the only choices for me right now! So suggest me anyone of this two and why should I take it :)

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
TW may suck but it definitely isn't laggy on the Note 3. You can just replace it with Nova or something anyway. Tons of third party media players in the store as well.

Actually the only issue I had with my Note 3 AFA software went was VZ Navigator which was constantly crashing. I just disabled it because, really, lol at paying Verizon to use Navigator when Google Maps is a thing

Gustavo H

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a z1 and I dont think that it is so big. In two days of use it feels normal in your hands. Sorry about my english.

Sent from my C6943 using AC Forums mobile app

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Touchwiz is not a launcher folks, you need to learn the difference between a launcher and a skin.

A launcher does not change system level apps, menus, sub menus, Notification bar, etc. all of which will still have touchwiz elements and appearance no matter what launcher you use.

The note 3 is a great phone and the stylus features are great. But I can't bring myself to use Samsung devices simply because I abhor the mish mash of gingerbread, ICS, and JB elements they mix all through their phones. I have to look at it every day for a year or more after all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Touchwiz is not a launcher folks, you need to learn the difference between a launcher and a skin.

A launcher does not change system level apps, menus, sub menus, Notification bar, etc. all of which will still have touchwiz elements and appearance no matter what launcher you use.

The note 3 is a great phone and the stylus features are great. But I can't bring myself to use Samsung devices simply because I abhor the mish mash of gingerbread, ICS, and JB elements they mix all through their phones. I have to look at it every day for a year or more after all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

It's not a launcher but that's really the only "ugly" part about TouchWiz, just the home screens and app drawer

Posted via Android Central App

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Well they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)
I also dislike the gingerbread look in the dialer and some other apps, the menus, and the florescent green quick settings.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude