Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Changing sound profiles

Hi - just bought a Z1 - my first android phone. I'm trying to customize the sound profile so that I can hear phone calls and texts at night, but I'm not bothered by e-mail alerts. On my old Blackberry this was easy, but the Z1 just appears to have three settings - sound alerts, vibrate alerts or silent. I suppose I can go into the e-mail settings every night and switch off the notifications, but this seems a very long-winded way of doing it. Is there a menu (or an App) that allows me to specify a personal sound profile?

Thanks for your help
    Banned

Global Posts
    871 Global Posts

Default Re: Changing sound profiles

Quote Originally Posted by JDB37 View Post
    Hi - just bought a Z1 - my first android phone. I'm trying to customize the sound profile so that I can hear phone calls and texts at night, but I'm not bothered by e-mail alerts. On my old Blackberry this was easy, but the Z1 just appears to have three settings - sound alerts, vibrate alerts or silent. I suppose I can go into the e-mail settings every night and switch off the notifications, but this seems a very long-winded way of doing it. Is there a menu (or an App) that allows me to specify a personal sound profile?

Thanks for your help
    Or you could simply pull down the quick settings from the top notification panel and turn off auto-sync before bed. That should stop automatic email checks.
    Thanked by:
    JDB37 

I would suggest to use Smart connect feature, so if you plug the phone for charging at night one of the action will be switching email notifications off.
    Anyway, this works for me.
    Thanked by:
    JDB37 

Another way is to use an App called Scratch Protector, which is available on Google Play. The app automatically detects a charging state and suppresses sounds of emails. It has other benefits as well. One of which is suppressing vibrations of your phone in charging state, thereby saving it from those scratches that appear due to the phone vibrating on a rough surface.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I've been switching off autosynch at night, which has worked but I like the sound of this app. Will definitely try it. Thanks aga

Really interested in your thoughts on the phone. I'm looking at the Z1 at the moment but a wee bit concerned by the criticism about poor viewing angles on the screen.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm very pleased with it. I'm not exactly a power user - I mainly use it for calls texts and e-mails + some photographs and it's perfect for this. I like the large screen as my fingers are not very adept at using a touch screen on smaller phones. Also it has excellent battery life - I generally only have to charge it once every two days, which is substantially better than my partner's i-phone. I've never noticed any problems with the viewing angle - certainly for normal use it's absolutely fine. I don't usually use it to watch video but the few times I have there have been no problems.. I would certainly recommend it.

Perfect thanks, I really appreciate your real world thoughts.