1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Changing sound profiles

Hi - just bought a Z1 - my first android phone. I'm trying to customize the sound profile so that I can hear phone calls and texts at night, but I'm not bothered by e-mail alerts. On my old Blackberry this was easy, but the Z1 just appears to have three settings - sound alerts, vibrate alerts or silent. I suppose I can go into the e-mail settings every night and switch off the notifications, but this seems a very long-winded way of doing it. Is there a menu (or an App) that allows me to specify a personal sound profile?

Thanks for your help
    Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

Default Re: Changing sound profiles

Quote Originally Posted by JDB37 View Post
    Hi - just bought a Z1 - my first android phone. I'm trying to customize the sound profile so that I can hear phone calls and texts at night, but I'm not bothered by e-mail alerts. On my old Blackberry this was easy, but the Z1 just appears to have three settings - sound alerts, vibrate alerts or silent. I suppose I can go into the e-mail settings every night and switch off the notifications, but this seems a very long-winded way of doing it. Is there a menu (or an App) that allows me to specify a personal sound profile?

Thanks for your help
    Or you could simply pull down the quick settings from the top notification panel and turn off auto-sync before bed. That should stop automatic email checks.
    Thanked by:
    JDB37 

Default Re: Changing sound profiles

I would suggest to use Smart connect feature, so if you plug the phone for charging at night one of the action will be switching email notifications off.
    Anyway, this works for me.
    Thanked by:
    JDB37