1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mail & keyboard issues

I can't seem to change from stock Xperia keyboard to Google and I miss the arrow options from my HTC
    Also on stock mail app, I keep getting repeat emails, with heading 'from yesterday' 'from last week' etc. Some of them are stored in folders on Windows Mail on my PC (windows 7) but some are not - any thoughts?
    Also on stock mail app - sometimes it seems to lose count It tells me there is an email in one of my (four) accounts but there isn't anything there?
    Help appreciated from the new Xperia boy thanks

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Mail & keyboard issues

Quote Originally Posted by stewarta13wsb View Post
    I can't seem to change from stock Xperia keyboard to Google and I miss the arrow options from my HTC
    Also on stock mail app, I keep getting repeat emails, with heading 'from yesterday' 'from last week' etc. Some of them are stored in folders on Windows Mail on my PC (windows 7) but some are not - any thoughts?
    Also on stock mail app - sometimes it seems to lose count It tells me there is an email in one of my (four) accounts but there isn't anything there?
    Help appreciated from the new Xperia boy thanks
    Regarding the Keyboard, make sure you have Google keyboard installed. Enable it via settings: Settings > Language & Input > Google Keyboard. Then click on the "Default Keyboard" option in the same menu options and check Google Keyboard in the pop-up.

Regarding mail, make sure the app is sync'd and all the settings on your PC are sync'd accordingly. Hope this helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Mail & keyboard issues

Many thanks, I missed out the last 'default keyboard' bit - thought I'd already selected it. However, the old one I used on my HTC isn't there, or I can't find an option to change it? I seem to just have one keyboard available (it's better than the stock one - at least there are only two selections rather than 3 to get to an '&' but no arrows