Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sophia Zhao
  • 1 Post By wtfmateim65
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB cover lost. z1s

Went to go plug z1s in at end of day and noticed my usb port cover was missing... Anyone know if this voids anything or if it can be replaced by manufacturer?

Sent from my C6916 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by ericlc2; 02-17-2014 at 03:53 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: USB cover lost.

After some digging, appears you need to send the phone to sony repair center for an expert installation. What a bunch of BS.
    Ordered replacements from witrig.com out of Hong Kong. I'm sure I won't be the only one on this forum to experience this.
    This leaves a bad taste for me with this device, as the water proofing was a selling point for me. Going to be taking advantage of jump program in July and go back to Samsung.

Thanked by:

The same problem and buy a set of covers from OEM Micro SD+SIM Card+ USB Cover Flap for Sony Xperia Z1 Black - Witrigs.com after reading your post. I also learned a lesson from the replacing video on witrigs.com page. Hope my Z1 can be saved.
    Thanked by:
    smurfercom likes this.

Aren't the flaps incompatible with the Z1s C6916? From the video I see the hinges are on the outside corners while the Z1s meet in the middle. I also just lost my charging flap and I'm extremely disappointed. If these replacement parts really work it'll save my device. Thanks.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by magnus0322 View Post
    Aren't the flaps incompatible with the Z1s C6916? From the video I see the hinges are on the outside corners while the Z1s meet in the middle. I also just lost my charging flap and I'm extremely disappointed. If these replacement parts really work it'll save my device. Thanks.
    Good question I think your right they might be different.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well that sucks, my order will probably arrive this week, not looking forward to it anymore lol..

Quote Originally Posted by ericlc2 View Post
    Well that sucks, my order will probably arrive this week, not looking forward to it anymore lol..

Please keep us posted on the installation.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Default Re: USB cover lost. z1s

So the Z1 replacements don't fit. I actually contacted sony and they claim it's physical damage and SOL. Hopefully that site gets z1s parts soon.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Are the flaps easily broken?

I guess the best thing to do is to buy 2 magnetic chargers

So the Z1 replacements don't fit. I actually contacted sony and they claim it's physical damage and SOL. Hopefully that site gets z1s parts soon.

That's what I was afraid of. Ugh. I really hope they get replacements soon too. Will the site give you a refund? Allow you to send them back?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by magnus0322 View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. Ugh. I really hope they get replacements soon too. Will the site give you a refund? Allow you to send them back?
    They were sent from China postal service i'm not even going to go thru the headache of trying to return, just take the $12 loss. I've inquired to see if that writrigs could give a general idea if and when they will get those parts, i'll keep this updated.

They were sent from China postal service i'm not even going to go thru the headache of trying to return, just take the $12 loss. I've inquired to see if that writrigs could give a general idea if and when they will get those parts, i'll keep this updated.
    Hi, @ericlc2, I just bought a Z1s with a missing flap as well. I also left a note on witrigs page asking about the z1s verison.

Can you tell me if the replacement is at least the same length? I'm thinking if the sealing oval section is the same size and only the outside hinge plastic is different it might be possible to use a dremel to modify it and make it fit until we get an actual replacement

EDIT UPDATE: Just contacted sony xperia support, Z1S is the only phone where they will MAIL YOU A FREE NEW PORT COVER! Contact them, give imei to verify, and they send you a new one. waiting for my phone in the mail to get the IMEI and then get a new port sent to me.
    Last edited by wtfmateim65; 02-26-2014 at 03:55 PM.
    Thanked by 3:
    ericlc2 likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by wtfmateim65 View Post
    Hi, @ericlc2, I just bought a Z1s with a missing flap as well. I also left a note on witrigs page asking about the z1s verison.

Can you tell me if the replacement is at least the same length? I'm thinking if the sealing oval section is the same size and only the outside hinge plastic is different it might be possible to use a dremel to modify it and make it fit until we get an actual replacement

EDIT UPDATE: Just contacted sony xperia support, Z1S is the only phone where they will MAIL YOU A FREE NEW PORT COVER! Contact them, give imei to verify, and they send you a new one. waiting for my phone in the mail to get the IMEI and then get a new port sent to me.
    wow really?? what # did you call?

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Wow you're awesome, I was so down about this issue after already using the CHAT support and being told I need to replace the phone or file insurance claim.
    Just called Xperia Support ‎ +1 866 766 9374 They will replace it, have IMEI ready.
    Thanked by 3:

Omg I'm so glad that I found this page in just got my phone an the port cover came off i have been stresing over how to get a new one. Thank you

Went to go plug z1s in at end of day and noticed my usb port cover was missing... Anyone know if this voids anything or if it can be replaced by manufacturer?

Re; best thing that works cut the ball thing of the usb cover fits right in still locks

I used the Xperia Care app on my Z1s and they gaveme the number to call Xperia support. All in all took about 5-10 mins and they'll mail my replacement part at no cost