Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xperia Z1: Lousy Signal after Update

Hi everyone, new here

I updated my Xperia Z1 yesterday to 14.2.A.0.290 as it notified as a new update. Since then, I get terrible signal in the office at work and in the room I stay in at night to the point where I have to go outside to make a phonecall, and especially if I want to get any form of decent data coverage.

Has anyone come across anything like this before, know what I could do to resolve it or even have an idea as to why it's affected it? The pretty unhelpful agent on Sony Chat only told me to do a repair with PC Companion and failing that if I think there's a problem I'll have to send my phone off. I'm furious that the updates they release always seem to make the phone worse, first it was the battery life that took a massive hit a few updates back, and now my signal.

I don't mess around with ROMs or kernels (don't really understand any of that) so everything is standard. I'm in the UK on the network EE.

Thanks
    L
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-11-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Default Re: Lousy Signal after Update

Word of advice. its actually never good to be an early adopter.The issue you have faced is quite common.Nexus 5 users after upgrading to kitkat faced more bugs than features.even Moto G users started getting weak signal after upgrading to kitkat.

Thats why i always wait at least a month after a update has been annouced
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Xperia Z1: Lousy Signal after Update

It's not even the kitkat update though, I could expect a few bugs early doors if it was. I don't know, do you think I'm just going to have to put up with a 500 paperweight until they bring out a new update?