Sony Xperia Z1: How often can this phone get wet?

1iam5mith

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I suffer from OCD and Mysophobia. The only reason I am upgrading from my G2 to a Z2 is because of the IP58 rating. I like the idea of giving my phone a rinse under the taps.

How often do you get your Z1 wet?

Could I safely wash this phone in fresh UK tap water once a day and perhaps a pump of hand soap if its extremely dirty?

If I can't get the phone wet as often as I'd like there there would be no point in me spending all that extra money out for it.

How much water exposure does your phone get? And how often?

How often do you show off its waterproofness to people (like submerging it in a bowl or bathtub etc)?

Anyone use theirs in water daily? Or at least rinse it daily?

My plan is to get the DK36 dock for it, so I won't have to keep opening and closing the flaps, so them getting loose isn't a worry. Obviously I would thoroughly dry the phone after washing it.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: How often can this phone get wet?

I have never owned one of the waterproof smartphones but given its dependent on the proper seal of the flaps & covers I would still be very cautious. Only takes a few drops to get into the wrong area by mistake and then your in trouble.

malt1977

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: How often can this phone get wet?

The dock is a must really, in my opinion repeated opening of the charging port can cause failure. As for getting it wet, mine goes in the shower day so that I can listen to music, It has also found itself in many a pint of Guinness at work nights out. It also likes sitting in the sink...thats where I discovered that water blocks bluetooth.

You'll be fine with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42