Screen cracked and not responding......from sitting there?!?!

troysyx

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Late last night, as my wife was using her z1 to surf the web and noticed her phone was low on battery, she went upstairs to plug it in. When she did that, her phone started acting really strange, not responding to her touch inputs and randomly selecting things she didn't press. Out of nowhere, we notice that there are two long cracks in the screen! We are still dumbfounded how she was using it perfectly fine 5 minutes earlier, plugs it in and two huge cracks come out of nowhere! What I am wondering now and i'm hoping someone can help me, is if we can't get the screen fixed (mostly if its just too much to fix), is there a way to factory reset it without being able to use the screen to go into settings? Will i be able to back up her phone from the computer? (mostly text messages, i know i can get pictures and most data off of it, but she wants to keep her texts). Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thank you guys!

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
You can easily factory reset her phone by simply booting into the phone's bootloader. Restart the phone while holding the power and vol. down key, once the phone is in bootloader, you can navigate via the vol. keys and select by pressing the power key. Just select factory reset and voila your phone will have a full data wipe.As for the data, you can use Sony PC Companion to backup all things. If that doesn't work, then mate you can technically use adb to pull data out of your phone (you can search the guides as I can't post direct links here) but the command you're looking for is adb backup -all -f C:\backup.ab
But this won't really back up your phone's SMS etc. for that you're kinda on your own.

lynnjan

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
OMG - everything I read says "plug phone into your computer and follow the promps on the phone to gain access" - well that doesn't work because the problem is the phone is cracked .... the screen does not work - so when I plug the phone into the computer - the computer cannot access anything on the phone

PLEASE - how do I get past the screen that does not work - I need to retrieve all the information on the phone and I don't want to pay big money to fix the phone

THANK YOU - CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME - I'm not a computer genius BUT I can follow directons.

lcb943

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I cracked my screen and phone completely shut down. Cost £250 to get company to repair it not bring under warranty. So.... I bought a screen, found a video on you tube and did it myself. CoSt £69 for scréen Easy. Works fine now as you see.