Dropped Xperia Z1

EdwardTodorov

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Unlucky, today I have dropped my Xperia Z1 on the ground. It was a roughened surface and the back outer plastic frame have a few scratches. Also from the right side i saw that the plastic frame is a bit rised. Should I contact an authorized Sony repair service to change my back panel. Also, do you know is it expensive ? Feel so bad about it : (

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
If you can use the phone and the damage isn't really severe then I suggest you keep using the phone for a bit before you send it to have the back cover replaced. However, if you feel bad about using a phone with scratches. In any case the back cover can be bought for only around $20 but having it replaced from Sony etc. is another cost entirely. The prices depend upon the region of the world you're residing in and they may very well range from $150 - $220

EdwardTodorov

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
My biggest issue is that the outer plastic lip of the back cover from the right side, seems to be rised a bit from the impact. Now i cant be sure when i take my phone with me under the shower, that a water wont penetrate inside the phone. :( ....... Although, the price which you are telling me seems so high : (
Or i can just go to a Sony repair shop and tell them that my phone randomly switch off and that i want a new one. Will my international warranty cover that ?

Last edited:

EdwardTodorov

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a friend who changed his Iphone 5 around 6 times just because he was dropping it and it was damaged. He went to apple center and made a story how his phone randomly switches off and they instantly give him a new one..... Respect !