Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

Default Dedicated Camera Button question

Hi all,

Is there any way to disable the dedicated camera button in the settings, or at least assign it to do something else on the Z1 or Z1 Compact (like assign it to do "nothing")?

Issue is, I can get a Z1 Compact for a great price. I don't want to blindly purchase the thing and then regret it later. With this in mind, I just went to a shop to see what the Z2 is like - at least get a feel for the Xperia in general, fiddled with it, but found that the Z2 physical camera button really gets in the way when trying to type one-handed. .. So if the Z1/Z1C is similar in that respect, then perhaps I should re-think the purchase... hence the question.

Thanks

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Default Re: Dedicated Camera Button question

i don't think so, maybe with a cooked Rom or something, but that button is there and it might not change its functionality because if the phone is underwater that the only way you would be able to snap a photo.

what you can actually do is to disable the camera so the button wont work, or assign a different camera app after you disabled the main one that the phone uses