Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Need root toolkit for Sony Xperia Z1

So I have a new Xperia Z1 C6903 and I want to root it. I have the new .108 firmware and am having trouble finding root guides and toolkits I want to install Cyanogenmod so do I need to unlock my bootloader or not ?? Any guides ?

Thnx in advance
  2. Best Answer
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

First of all, rooting requires no kit just find a good app, or manually using adb in cmd
    Unlock your bootloader from the official sony website (most recommended way) it will wipe all your data so be sure to backup ur data before even rooting your phone.
    Install CWM from the link i posted in your other thread
    Download a Snaphot version from cyanogenmod official website ( there are no stable or release candidates published yet) snapshot works fine with me
    and finally download google apps

and yeah, idk why in hell do developers hate sony, no twrp version supported or even cwm (the one i found was after 2 days of searching)
    and cyanogenmod with only nightlies and snapshots released

Default Re: Need root toolkit for Sony Xperia Z1

Don't destroy your phone

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: Need root toolkit for Sony Xperia Z1

Your best bet would be towel root. Yes you will have to unlock your bootloader cyanogenmod runs on a non stock kernel. But first root. Backup your ta partition then unlock your bootloader otherwise you will loose all your drm keys. So if you later want to lock your bootloader you will need the ta partition

Lightbulb Re: Need root toolkit for Sony Xperia Z1

First of all, rooting requires no kit just find a good app, or manually using adb in cmd
    Unlock your bootloader from the official sony website (most recommended way) it will wipe all your data so be sure to backup ur data before even rooting your phone.
    Install CWM from the link i posted in your other thread
    Download a Snaphot version from cyanogenmod official website ( there are no stable or release candidates published yet) snapshot works fine with me
    and finally download google apps

and yeah, idk why in hell do developers hate sony, no twrp version supported or even cwm (the one i found was after 2 days of searching)
    and cyanogenmod with only nightlies and snapshots released