Ordered new Xperia Z1S through T-Mobile

techiecappydog

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome...I switch 6 months ago from Verizon and I am very happy. No dropped calls and customer service for me has been good

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I sold off my LG G2 and paid off my EIP and got the Z1s. First impression was "wow this phone is huge" even with the bigger screen the G2 is smaller and thinner. The display at first was meh with the colors looking natural, I guess I got used to the G2 and its saturated colors. But now the screen is growing on me.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I sold off my LG G2 and paid off my EIP and got the Z1s. First impression was "wow this phone is huge" even with the bigger screen the G2 is smaller and thinner. The display at first was meh with the colors looking natural, I guess I got used to the G2 and its saturated colors. But now the screen is growing on me.

Your comment about the screen is encouraging.....thanks for posting. That's another feature of the Z1s I want check-out. I've handled the Z1 in Europe and the screen seemed fine. Guess natural color doesn't bother me.

My son has a G2 and it seems to be a nice device.....I just can't get past LG's skin, it's pretty heavy which leads to more work when rolling out updates. Speaking of updates...I wish Sony would officially announce a Kit-Kat update for the Z1, they are still working on rolling out 4.3 which at least the Z1s is shipping with.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
How are the viewing angles? I read that the Z1 series had some challenges in that department.

N3

I look at my phone head on like normal people, so for me they're fine.

It's not very good. It really washes out when you tilt it.

When using your phone normally, the screen is beautiful. Only when tilt in it off angle does it start to wash out. In normal use I do not see how this would be an issue, I look directly at my phone. Regardless, Sony should have fixed it.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with the camera? It's crashing on me and now it's just not working. It's just showing a black screen. I had to reboot it to get it working again.

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Not the best viewing-angles but the screen is much better after 4.3 update and hopefully it will improve with 4.4 B-)

Sent from my C6903 using AC Forums mobile app

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The girl at tmo told me if didn't like it after 2 months I could just bring it back and try something else. Don't know how true that is or not. She also said with jump no need to wait 6 months. I dony know how true this all is but I will question it when I go Wednesday for it!!

According to what I read, when you first get jump you have to wait 6 months before you use it the first time. After that you can use it up to twice a year at any time, you don't have to wait six months, the limit is just two times in one year.

Posted via Android Central App

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
When using your phone normally, the screen is beautiful. Only when tilt in it off angle does it start to wash out. In normal use I do not see how this would be an issue, I look directly at my phone. Regardless, Sony should have fixed it.

It's also only with lighter backgrounds/screens. On the darker ones the angles are acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

techiecappydog

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
According to what I read, when you first get jump you have to wait 6 months before you use it the first time. After that you can use it up to twice a year at any time, you don't have to wait six months, the limit is just two times in one year.

Posted via Android Central App

Now that is good news. Maybe the clerk I was talking to was saying that but it came out weird

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Do you think it will kit Kat. How good is Sony putting out updates?

I'm sure the Z1s will get Kit Kat at some point. However, Sony is still rolling out 4.3 to many of its devices. In fact, the Z1s is one of the first Sony devices to get 4.3 That said, I don't think the bump from 4.3 to 4.4 (kit kat) is that big of a deal since the only device to have the Google Experience launcher (one of the major features of Kit Kat) is the Nexus 5.

My opinion is Sony lags a little behind other companies when it comes to updates.

techiecappydog

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure the Z1s will get Kit Kat at some point. However, Sony is still rolling out 4.3 to many of its devices. In fact, the Z1s is one of the first Sony devices to get 4.3 That said, I don't think the bump from 4.3 to 4.4 (kit kat) is that big of a deal since the only device to have the Google Experience launcher (one of the major features of Kit Kat) is the Nexus 5.

My opinion is Sony lags a little behind other companies when it comes to updates.

Thanks for the info:)

Sent from my B1-710 using Tapatalk

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Is the z1s available in stores or online only for tmo? Going to switch from an s3. A little hesitant having never used a sony phone but the specs seem great.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Is the z1s available in stores or online only for tmo? Going to switch from an s3. A little hesitant having never used a sony phone but the specs seem great.

It's only online until the 22nd. You might as well wait at this point since it'll be cheaper. You could order it today and have it overnight but you'll have to pay $11.99 for overnight. If I were you, I would wait til the 22nd.

It seems I'm the only one that's having issue with my Z1S. It's turning off randomly and randomly rebooting just by clicking on an app. I spoke to T-Mobile this morning and they're sending my a new one overnight, and they also sent me another case since the one I got[Tech 21 this time], the paint was peeling off.

techiecappydog

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Glad to here they are helping you out.😃. Hopefully you got a bad one and not a sign of things to come. I am picking mine up at the store on Wednesday.

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It's only online until the 22nd. You might as well wait at this point since it'll be cheaper. You could order it today and have it overnight but you'll have to pay $11.99 for overnight. If I were you, I would wait til the 22nd.

What's the pricing going to be in store? I thought the 0 down was a good deal.

Thanks for the reply.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
What's the pricing going to be in store? I thought the 0 down was a good deal.

Thanks for the reply.

It will be the same, but you won't have to pay for shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk