Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ordered new Xperia Z1S through T-Mobile

I'm not sure if the recently announced Xperia Z1S will get its own forum or not, but for now I'll post here:

I had ordered a Z1 through Sony a few months ago then cancelled when I learned that particular version they were selling didn't do LTE, but was excited to read the details on the Xperia Z1S.

It's available for ordering on T-Mobile's site and I just placed an order. According to the site I should actually be receiving it *tomorrow*, though I had been reading the official release wasn't until next Monday and it was only pre-orders starting today. So, I won't be shocked if I don't actually get it until next Monday but perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised and it really will arrive tomorrow! We'll see...

Anyone else ordering a Z1S for T-Mobile?

(On a side note my other phone is a Moto X which I really love and I'm keeping. This will be replacing the iPhone 5S on my second line....)
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...

Default Re: Ordered new Xperia Z1S through T-Mobile

I just ordered also. I selected overnight shipping BC apparently I have an extra $25 to waste...but mine also shows tomorrow as the delivery date. Let me know if you get shipping confirmation and I will do the same.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    karmamule likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    I just ordered also. I selected overnight shipping BC apparently I have an extra $25 to waste...but mine also shows tomorrow as the delivery date. Let me know if you get shipping confirmation and I will do the same.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    Sounds good and lol at "apparently I have an extra $25 to waste".... I felt the same way. :-)

I was also pleased to see the total for the phone was only $528, in other gadget site threads some people were arguing it would be a lot more. Glad they're wrong... (he said helping justify the extra $25 for shipping....)
    Thanked by:

I assume this phone can only be ordered for post paid accounts and not prepaid accounts?

Hey you guys,

I ordered 2 of them for the Wife and I, at 7:00am Eastern time, When i check order status it still says processing.
    Card has not been charged yet,

ordered with Next day,

how about you guys? still order processing?
    Thanked by:
    aycbmw 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

No activity on mine yet, still 'Being processed' and no charge visible yet. I would be surprised to see anything before this evening, even if it does ship out today.

UPDATE: As of about 1pm I'm seeing a t-mo charge on the credit card I used. Crossing fingers it'll actually get shipped!
    Thanked by:

Your last Edit caused me to go look on my card , I don't have a charge =-( Going to be so pissed if something went wrong with the order.

What does your order date say on the Status on tmobiles website?

01/13/2014 at 04:03 AM PST
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Still just says 'Being processed', so no change there. (as of 2pm EST)

Oh, and are you seeing pending charges as well as completed charges when you look at your cc: statement online? Some sites may not show pending charges unless you specifically ask.

I got a ups tracking #!!!!
    karmamule likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Woot!!! Good for you and now you've leap-frogged ahead of me, lol!!! :-D

But, that's a really good sign mine will do the same too so fingers crossed we're both playing with our new Z1s sometime tomorrow.

Indeed we will both be i'm sure of it. i'm excited for the water resistant'ness of the phone, i wont need to use screen cleaner anymore i can just run it under any faucet and wipe it off.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I listen to lots of music on my phone so not having a rubber flap on the headphone jack is a really nice feature for me, one I'll benefit from every day! Being able to use my phone in the rain will be a fun feature too....i'm sure I'll get "are you crazy?!?!" looks from other people on the street if I ever do. :-D

yeah you can just stand there while it's raining, rofl
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Just checked and mine has shipped too! :-D

Looking forward to comparing notes tomorrow evening....

Ordered mine and should get it tomorrow as well. I got the original Z when it launched on T-mobile, but ended up returning it because of the camera and crappy battery. I was waiting for the Z1 to come to the US since it fixes everything (and because I got burned by a string of bad Nexus 5s), so I'm stoked to get it in hand.

I also have a Smartwatch 2 and PS4, and I'm interested to see how they all work together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried all night to order mine but it keeps failing. I got as far as putting in my card number but the website keeps failing to respond..... Tried it on chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, all failed. I gave up.

And tracking info received. It is on the truck in my city and will be here today.

And it is raining outside so I think we all know where this is headed...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    DoyouFanBoyBro likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by daddyd302 View Post
    I've tried all night to order mine but it keeps failing. I got as far as putting in my card number but the website keeps failing to respond..... Tried it on chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, all failed. I gave up.
    Do you have a different credit card to try? Perhaps it's your bank that is having issues....

ROFL

yup, it's raining here today also.

mine's already delivered!!! but i'm stuck at work =-X
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Raining here as well. What, did Sony orchestrate the weather for the Z1s release?!?!? ;-)

I'm working from home today so as soon as mine gets here I'll be charging it up and getting to know it.

So I currently have the Z, and am not eligible to "Jump!" until April 20th. However, I decided to see how much it would cost to upgrade to the Z1s on the website, and it says I can upgrade for $0 down?? I went to the last step before confirming the order, and it just listed me having to pay $10 for a sim card, and the sales tax.

If I actually did go through with the Z1s purchase, what would happen to my Z monthly payment? Assuming I stayed enrolled in jump, would I just pay for the Z another 3 months, then simply turn it in on April 20th, thus wiping the balance owed on it? I spoke with a T-mobile rep, and they said I would be able to turn in the old Z on April 20th, even if I upgraded to the Z1s today. Also said I didn't actually need to upgrade to a new phone at the time of turning in the Z via the Jump program. But I've read on the official T-mobile support forum that a new phone purchase IS required upon turning in the old phone via Jump. I'm confused.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Is the Z1s similar in specs as the Z1?

I'm really wanting to do this online to qualify for the ps4 $100 bundle but I won't because I'm porting from att and doing the whole pay my etf thing and don't want the phone number port to screw up and lose my phone number for the last 15 years. But I am very excited to get another Sony phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by bro1999 View Post
    So I currently have the Z, and am not eligible to "Jump!" until April 20th. However, I decided to see how much it would cost to upgrade to the Z1s on the website, and it says I can upgrade for $0 down?? I went to the last step before confirming the order, and it just listed me having to pay $10 for a sim card, and the sales tax.

If I actually did go through with the Z1s purchase, what would happen to my Z monthly payment? Assuming I stayed enrolled in jump, would I just pay for the Z another 3 months, then simply turn it in on April 20th, thus wiping the balance owed on it? I spoke with a T-mobile rep, and they said I would be able to turn in the old Z on April 20th, even if I upgraded to the Z1s today. Also said I didn't actually need to upgrade to a new phone at the time of turning in the Z via the Jump program. But I've read on the official T-mobile support forum that a new phone purchase IS required upon turning in the old phone via Jump. I'm confused.
    I have an HTC One thru T-Mobile EIP (still owe around $360 on it) that doesn't have any kind of JUMP insurance. Just for kicks I tried to Upgrade my phone to the Z1s last night and it said I had to pay $31 down and $20 something per month, but was all the way to the point of asking me for payment. I didn't do it, but I was confused too. What would happen to the $$ I owe on the One? Would it get rolled into my payments?
    HTC One- InsertCoin 7.0.3
    iPad 3rd Gen - 32 gig
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast