Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Does the Xperia Z1S have the exact same camera and camera app as the Xperia Z1?

I'm wondering if the quality is the same. I've seems some mixed results. There is a big discussion going on about its camera quality on reddit now on /r/Android here: Based of these camera samples, it seems like the Xperia Z1s is wasting it's 20.7 megapixels : Android

Here is the site that is hosting a collection example pictures and video: Sony Xperia Z1s reviews, samples, manual & prices

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Z1S camera or its "waterproof-ness"?
    Last edited by VZWleak; 01-16-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Default Re: Does the Xperia Z1S have the exact same camera and camera app as the Xperia Z1?

I'm really happy with the camera so far, but I'm not terribly picky I suppose. It seems to take good pictures on auto for the most part and there's lots to mess around with in the manual settings when am in the mood to tweak...

Note: the cat was moving (albeit slowly) when I took this picture and it was nighttime and the room was not very brightly lit. Background de-focus is normal and not done by the special 'Background defocus' feature, which is one difference between the Z1s and Z1. (The Z1s has it, the Z1 currently does not)

Sent from my Xperia Z1s
    Last edited by karmamule; 01-23-2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added note
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

Default Re: Does the Xperia Z1S have the exact same camera and camera app as the Xperia Z1?

It's hit or miss due to the software. The sensor is amazing and will take some REALLY great shots. However, it takes some very mediocre shots as well. It all depends on how the camera is feeling like processing. It's great in ideal conditions but hit or miss in others. You can create better shots if you learn how to work the manual modes.