Anyone experiencing WiFi issues on Z1s?

Ukyo

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Got mine on release day and wifi works great at home. However at work, it disconnects and refuses to reconnect automatically and even if I try to force it. I turn off and off wifi but still no luck. My work wifi does not require any passcode or login (we have our own building away from others and you still have to VPN in to access internal network but access to the public internet is fine without VPN). My work provided iphone 5's wifi works perfectly fine.

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been having some wifi issues as well, after doing some searching seems it's a known issue with sony, good news is that it's software and will hopefully be fixed.

I'll lose connection but will reconnect every so often. I'll also get
'association rejected'
once in a while.
It doesn't really affect me but does concern me a little.

Sent from my C6916 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Ukyo

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Not so much a problem if I get LTE inside my work building but I only get "4G" and it's slow as molasses...

born2ride41

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
No issues here at all!!! Maybe u have a issue with your works Wifi security settings....did u set up the iPhone 5 on the wireless network??or was it done for you since it's a company phone!?

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I was having random disconnects every so often when I first got the phone, but now its been 24 hours and I haven't had a single disconnect fingers crossed

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I find that going into the advanced settings in the WiFi menu and turning off "wifi optimization" helps with the random wifi disconnects.

Posted via Android Central App

Ukyo

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
No issues here at all!!! Maybe u have a issue with your works Wifi security settings....did u set up the iPhone 5 on the wireless network??or was it done for you since it's a company phone!?

Nah, as I've stated, our wifi network is wide open with no security settings, you can connect to it with any wifi device. I've connected to it with my Kindles, iPads, previous Android phones and none have issues. This is the first device that has issues.

I haven't had any issues with my work wifi.

Maybe try and talk to your IT department and see if there's anything that can be done.

It's been working right now and hasn't disconnected just yet so seems ok for now. I will try as luke31 suggested if it dc's again.

*update* sigh as soon as I posted this, my wifi dc'd and I tried various settings in the advanced menu. With avoid poor connections turned on, it refused to connect even though it shows FULL signal strength for the wifi. I'm not too far from a repeater mind you. With optimization off or on, no difference...

Last edited:

japyon

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I noticed today something odd about my Wi-Fi connection as well.

It connected to my friends place Wi-Fi (out remembered), then when I try to surf dune website, it tells me no connection.

I looked and check my Wi-Fi out had full length and it says connected in Wi-Fi setting.

If I just simply turns off Wi-Fi then I could surf over LTE.

It got fixed ate I reboot my phone.

I'm guessing it's a bug, I hope Sony will fix with next patch

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been having some wifi issues as well, after doing some searching seems it's a known issue with sony, good news is that it's software and will hopefully be fixed.

I'll lose connection but will reconnect every so often. I'll also get
'association rejected'
once in a while.
It doesn't really affect me but does concern me a little.

I also get the "association rejected" thing once in a while. The funny thing is, that I'm having the same problem with my PS4 :-/

japyon

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm having my Z1s having switching between Wi-Fi and 4g LTE.

It looks like whenever I moved away from my home (home network) and when my phone switch to cell data, I will lost connection. The bars well show up but the text 4g LTE won't come up and browser will say no connection.

I had to turn off and on my network to get it connect.

Anyone have similar issue?

Ukyo

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm having my Z1s having switching between Wi-Fi and 4g LTE.

It looks like whenever I moved away from my home (home network) and when my phone switch to cell data, I will lost connection. The bars well show up but the text 4g LTE won't come up and browser will say no connection.

I had to turn off and on my network to get it connect.

Anyone have similar issue?

I don't have that exact problem but I do have to turn off an on Wifi for my wifi to connect again. In the interim where my wifi is on but unable to connect, I get sporadic connections on both LTE and 4G. It's very inconsistent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it just doesn't even though I have full bars.

japyon

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I have that very similar issue.

I'm not sure if it's software or phone. I hope they recognize the issue then software patch.

Home DSki

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have similar problems - mine connects just fine but after 30 min or so of foreground use of wifi data I get disconnected W/ "association rejected" but can immediately reconnect. In addition my miracast/directdraw, dlna and wifi direct bounce betwixt either slow, not visible or disconnect seemingly as a result of accelerometer activity ...

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to suddenly turn off the wifi. It happens all the time. Suddenly I'll get a notification saying that there are open wifi networks and I'll realize that I'm now on LTE.

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
This happens to me too, but only at work. My guess is that it's a compatibility problem. At work, we have Cisco APs. At home, I have a netgear router and my Z1s never drops.

Darcyjwcc

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I have had this problem since I switched cable companies but nobody else in the house has. I have the Z1s and my hubby has the samsung galaxy S2 and my son has the nexus 5. They don't have these issues and my ipad doesn't have the issue either. It is definitely this phone. No doubt.
This happens to me too, but only at work. My guess is that it's a compatibility problem. At work, we have Cisco APs. At home, I have a netgear router and my Z1s never drops.

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
this update might have fixed the wifi problem. usually my wifi disconnects 4 to 5 times per day but since the update it has not dropped even once.

aug 8: i just wanted to add am update regarding the wifi. since the update i still have not had any trouble with the wifi.

Last edited: