1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xperia Z1s: Screen issues

SO, I excitedly got my Z1S today and the first thing I experienced before getting home was an issue with long pressing on the screen. I have had a little better luck at home but it still happens on occasion. But I'll give that a day or so before it starts upsetting me if it doesn't calm down. But more importantly I haven't done anything wrong with the handling or care of the phone and it already has a scratch in it!? Seriously, wow. I'm OCD about the care of my devices and just going into a Jean pocket for a few hours it has a scratch that is easily seen and can feel with my finger nail. It's probably not ridiculous like I'm making it, but it is there and I can feel it. So I'm recommending anyone and everyone to get a screen protector at the store. So upset. I'm hoping to swap out because of the screen pressing issues but seriously wow.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-05-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Default Re: Screen issues

I'm having the same issue too I posted in the other z1 section

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Doesn't the Z1s come already with a built in screen protector?

Quote Originally Posted by ectoren View Post
    Doesn't the Z1s come already with a built in screen protector?
    Not really. There is a plastic film on the phone that is designed to help keep the screen from shattering. It does not protect the screen from scratches. In fact, people are reporting the "shatter shield" scratches very easily.

I have taken the decision to pretend the shatter shield isn't there and have installed a traditional screen protector. FYI, I have not experienced any long press issues and my Z1s is working great.

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMusic View Post
    Not really. There is a plastic film on the phone that is designed to help keep the screen from shattering. It does not protect the screen from scratches. In fact, people are reporting the "shatter shield" scratches very easily.

I have taken the decision to pretend the shatter shield isn't there and have installed a traditional screen protector. FYI, I have not experienced any long press issues and my Z1s is working great.
    Same here. I just applied a screen protector over the "shatter film." It's a part of the phone, one that should be taken as a given and not stressed over.

Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    Same here. I just applied a screen protector over the "shatter film." It's a part of the phone, one that should be taken as a given and not stressed over.

I was just about to ask about that. I did buy some screen protectors so I guess I'll just apply them over the shatter film.

Well I christened the phone today I dropped it on the street but nothing happened as far as damage just a few little nicks on the upper top corner so I guess the the built in screen protector is doing it's job.