Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default WiFi Calling

I got the Xperia Z1s 2 weeks ago and I love the phone. Great Battery life and really fast. Also, another year of PS Plus is not too shabby either.

The only problem i'm having is WiFi calling working consistently. I have my phone on Stamina mode with Wifi calling on because i dont get great signal in my house.

Here are the problems i'm having:
    My phone sometimes does not ring, then i get a voicemail.
    My phone will ring and i will answer but hear nothing.
    The other night the person on the other end was complaining that the audio was going in and out.

I just turned off Wifi Optimization to see if that helps. Is anyone else having these problems?

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Re: WiFi Calling

I am traveling with my Sony phone and i am also having problems it wont let me connect at all i am really upset with this

I had issues when I first set my phone up. I did a factory reset and it resolved the issue.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

I turned off stamina mode and wifi calling and made sure that wifi was "always on". Havn't had any issues since.

My S4 have similiar issues. TMobile said for wifi calling to work you need a strong wifi/internet connection and requires passing of a certificate. My wifi at my previous job blocked something the wifi calling needed so I was out of luck there. My house I'm generally fine but hotels seem to be hit or miss with wifi calling.

Stamina mode creates to much havoc I just leave it off. Kills gps, networking to media servers, find phone is useless if you lose it.