Anyone come from a RAZR MAXX HD to Z1s?

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Title pretty much says it all - Currently I have a Maxx HD on Verizon, and I'm looking to possibly switch over to Tmobile. Right now, I am leaning towards either the S4, or the Z1S with the Z1s being the front runner.

Has anyone moved from the maxx to either of these, and if so, what are your thoughts?
Battery life is my primary concern, but overall feedback is appreciated. For comparison, I can usually get 1-1.5 days out of the maxx.

Thanks

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I can say the battery will last a full day with about 6 hours playing Pandora plus all other use that's a work day but on my day off it will last me all day plus some

Posted via Android Central App

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I can say the battery will last a full day with about 6 hours playing Pandora plus all other use that's a work day but on my day off it will last me all day plus some

Thanks. That's the impression I am getting with what I read.
Now I just need to decide if I can live with the Tmobile coverage. It'd sure save me a good chunk of change every month, especially when I travel internationally.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. That's the impression I am getting with what I read.
Now I just need to decide if I can live with the Tmobile coverage. It'd sure save me a good chunk of change every month, especially when I travel internationally.

I switched from Verizon as well. We are saving about $70 per month. That's pretty significant. And thus far, I'm perfectly satisfied.

mookster

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I made the switch too. I work in an area that has zero T-Mobile coverage, but I roam on AT&T. So far, I'm not missing anything that I had with big red.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I made the switch too. I work in an area that has zero T-Mobile coverage, but I roam on AT&T. So far, I'm not missing anything that I had with big red.

Does Tmo roam on AT&T everywhere? I thought I had read that it was only certain areas.
There's 1 area that I spend alot of time at in the summer. Based on my prepaid Tmobile SIM in my RAZR, coverage there is pretty weak, but I also know that the RAZR doesn't have the 1700mhz band that Tmobile uses, so I may not be seeing all of their network. I am waiting on a friend to drive out there with his GS4 on Tmobile and see how it is, but I know AT&T is decent there.

My savings will be 20-40 per month, depending on if I factor in the phone cost and if I go with JUMP or not.

mookster

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I asked the rep at tmo (who seemed intelligent and answered some questions correctly that I already knew that the answer too).

Anyways, she told me that they have a roaming agreement with att to use their network. This is the southern Utah/northern Arizona area if it matters....

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I can say we just took a trip to vegas and used the z1s as navigation and my nav never skipped a beat the data was in every city we passed in but when I was on sprint our nav would drop all the time tmobile did us well.