New owner

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone. The design is amazing. The virtual keyboard sort of reminds me of HTC's but either way it's sweet.

It was a female dog getting that sim card in though.

Sent from my C6916 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I love this phone. The design is amazing. The virtual keyboard sort of reminds me of HTC's but either way it's sweet.

It was a female dog getting that sim card in though.

Haha. Congrats on the new phone :D

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

zjwilliams

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Glad you like it! If you are looking for a case, I picked one up at the T-mo store and honestly it is one of my favorite cases I have ever used. It's the "Tech21" impact case with an orange rubber band on the inside of the case. Very low profile and has protected it a number of times from falls already. My only gripe is that it covers the magnetic charging ports. Not an issue yet since I dont have a dock.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Glad you like it! If you are looking for a case, I picked one up at the T-mo store and honestly it is one of my favorite cases I have ever used. It's the "Tech21" impact case with an orange rubber band on the inside of the case. Very low profile and has protected it a number of times from falls already. My only gripe is that it covers the magnetic charging ports. Not an issue yet since I dont have a dock.

That case is awesome. Sister has one on her iPhone 5 and she's dropped it a few times, nothing happened to the phone.
The T-Mo rep was throwing around an S3 in one of those cases as a demo. I should get one too

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I second the Tech21 comment. I have the black Tech21 Tactical case for my Z1s, and it has that D30 orange band on the inside. The case fits and feels great, and offers awesome protection. Try to avoid the Body Glove case, the finish starts peeling off after a week and it does little in the way of shock resistance.

Posted via Android Central App

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Be cautious of the usb cover. If you can spare the cash, grab a magnetic charging cord off Amazon. That way you don't have to risk the flap falling off.

Bkr11

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Be cautious of the usb cover. If you can spare the cash, grab a magnetic charging cord off Amazon. That way you don't have to risk the flap falling off.

Great suggestion. My charging dock came yesterday (will keep on nightstand), but also picked up two non-dock magnetic chargers for the rare times I need to charge at the office or in the car.

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I usually buy cases for phones and then never use them so I think I may hold off this time.

Bkr11

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
So I just got done applying the Skinomi Cabon Fiber protection. I figured I'd charge it in my new dock while it's drying and to my surprise it's pretty freaking tight. I decided not to press the issue (no pun intended) until it's dry, but it might turn out that Skinomi CF + Charging Dock = no Bueno. I'll know more tomorrow.

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have never used an Xperia but am considering using my jump upgrade to try out the Z1s. One thing I hate about Samsung, HTC etc is the heavy overlay and all of the additional redundant apps (like another calendar, etc). I prefer to use Google apps as much as possible. How bloated is an Xperia compared to the other manufacturers? To me the ideal setup is on a nexus and Motorola's recent phones.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
It's not bloated at all. You can uninstall the Sony stuff if ya want. The stuff they have in the phone is actually useful.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Of all the skins (besides Motorola, I count that as stock), the Xperia UI is the least intrusive. And the apps, as mentioned, are very useful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech