Is there any way to change the boot screen and actually delete some of the Tmobile apps (i.e. TV) now that I've unlocked it and moved to AT&T, or does this require rooting? TIA.
    02-19-2014 11:08 PM
    Is there any way to change the boot screen and actually delete some of the Tmobile apps (i.e. TV) now that I've unlocked it and moved to AT&T, or does this require rooting? TIA.
    There's currently no method to root the Z1s, but it's under development.
    You can still go in to settings>apps>all and disable the Tmobile bloatware, you can also turn off annoying notifications from games/apps by unchecking 'show notifications' in the app info pages.

Also, be sure to go into settings>backup & reset>collect diagnostics>uncheck 'allow diagnostics' <~~~ T-Mobile carrier IQ that will cause cpu wakelocks and drain battery.

EDIT: just noticed you were the one who asked about the unlock process. Glad you got everything working!

I'm using the phone on AT&T so I've disabled all T-Mobile apps to no ill effect, except I didn't get any of the Xperia lounge promo offers...but I think it's because I don't have the T-Mo sim in there.
    jbr05ki likes this.
    02-20-2014 05:36 PM
    Thx for the reply.

I'm using the phone on AT&T so I've disabled all T-Mobile apps to no ill effect, except I didn't get any of the Xperia lounge promo offers...but I think it's because I don't have the T-Mo sim in there.
    You are spot-on regarding the promo offers. I wasn't getting them either while the AT&T sim was in, but the moment I popped the TMobile sim back in the offers showed up & I took advantage of them. W/ the AT&T sim back the offers appear that they stuck to my Sony account, so all good. If your prepaid card is still working (or that of a friend/roommate) I'd go for it.
    02-20-2014 11:18 PM