1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Default Getting rid of Tmobile software branding/apps after unlocking

Is there any way to change the boot screen and actually delete some of the Tmobile apps (i.e. TV) now that I've unlocked it and moved to AT&T, or does this require rooting? TIA.

Default Re: Getting rid of Tmobile software branding/apps after unlocking

Quote Originally Posted by Bkr11 View Post
    Is there any way to change the boot screen and actually delete some of the Tmobile apps (i.e. TV) now that I've unlocked it and moved to AT&T, or does this require rooting? TIA.
    There's currently no method to root the Z1s, but it's under development.
    You can still go in to settings>apps>all and disable the Tmobile bloatware, you can also turn off annoying notifications from games/apps by unchecking 'show notifications' in the app info pages.

Also, be sure to go into settings>backup & reset>collect diagnostics>uncheck 'allow diagnostics' <~~~ T-Mobile carrier IQ that will cause cpu wakelocks and drain battery.

EDIT: just noticed you were the one who asked about the unlock process. Glad you got everything working!

I'm using the phone on AT&T so I've disabled all T-Mobile apps to no ill effect, except I didn't get any of the Xperia lounge promo offers...but I think it's because I don't have the T-Mo sim in there.
    Last edited by randaddy#AC; 02-20-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Default Re: Getting rid of Tmobile software branding/apps after unlocking

Thx for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by randaddy#AC View Post
    I'm using the phone on AT&T so I've disabled all T-Mobile apps to no ill effect, except I didn't get any of the Xperia lounge promo offers...but I think it's because I don't have the T-Mo sim in there.
    You are spot-on regarding the promo offers. I wasn't getting them either while the AT&T sim was in, but the moment I popped the TMobile sim back in the offers showed up & I took advantage of them. W/ the AT&T sim back the offers appear that they stuck to my Sony account, so all good. If your prepaid card is still working (or that of a friend/roommate) I'd go for it.