Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default Xperia Z1s: buying accessories

A new Xperia Z1s owner here (almost! waiting for it to arrive this Tuesday): When buying/looking-for accessories for the Z1s, are the accessories for the Xperia Z1 compatible with the Z1s?
    I want to be sure that I don't buy something that won't work with or fit my Xperia Z1s.

thank you.

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Default Re: Xperia Z1s: buying accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Swavek View Post
    A new Xperia Z1s owner here (almost! waiting for it to arrive this Tuesday): When buying/looking-for accessories for the Z1s, are the accessories for the Xperia Z1 compatible with the Z1s?
    I want to be sure that I don't buy something that won't work with or fit my Xperia Z1s.

thank you.
    Z1 cases and screen protectors will unfortunately not work for the Z1s. The Z1s is a slightly different size, the camera and sensors are placed differently, and the headphone jack is in a different spot.

Posted via Android Central App
    Motorola Moto X Pure Edition (2nd Generation)
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Retired Devices:
    Sony Xperia Z1s, Droid DNA, Nexus 7, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid, Blackberry Bold 9000, iPhone 1st Generation

They do not match up. Make sure you buy specific to the Z1S.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Can't seem to find a magnetic charging dock for z1s

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Hi, I purchased this dock from eBay, and it works like a charm for my Xperia Magnetic Charger Charging Dock Cradle Stand Holder For Xperia Z Ultra XL39H

I hate to be the downer, but Sony and T-Mobile have both given up on this phone. I'm sorry you wasted your money. This phone had high prospects, but nobody advertised this phone, so sales sucked. You can find little bits and pieces available for this phone, magnetic charger for another phone that somehow fits, i bought one for 4 dollars that shipped from China, it works. No cases. Unless you get the ripoff body glove case from T-Mobile for 40 bucks.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marshatherton View Post
    I hate to be the downer, but Sony and T-Mobile have both given up on this phone. I'm sorry you wasted your money. This phone had high prospects, but nobody advertised this phone, so sales sucked. You can find little bits and pieces available for this phone, magnetic charger for another phone that somehow fits, i bought one for 4 dollars that shipped from China, it works. No cases. Unless you get the ripoff body glove case from T-Mobile for 40 bucks.

There's more available than you are aware. Amazon is slowly increasing stock on decent accessories. Btw the last time I checked, the carrier had nothing to do with the amount of accessories available for a given product. We all knew going into this that the phone would always hold a much higher market value in Europe and Asia. I for one am completely happy with my decision in this phone!!

I still haven't found something as simple as a belt clip holster, that's not tailored for the phone. I personally talked with Sony and T-Mobile and they said they didn't receive sales they projected. Accessory companies see that and produce based on that. It's alright. I'm just going to try for the Z2. Exclusive to network phones are always a failure.