Has T-Mobile EOL'ed the Xperia Z1s?

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed T-Mobile has removed the Sony Xperia Z1s from the website. It's been that way in my market( Tampa,FL) for the last couple days. The only offering is a refurbished version of the Xperia Z. I've read there have been a number of issues with the Z1s and T-Mobile has been disappointed by it's lack of sales. Also with the rumoured release of the T2 Ultra later this month I wonder if T-Mobile is cutting it's loses on the Z1s and will try again with the T2U.

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
They barely gave it 5 months, with no sorry. No one to blame but themselves. For me it's been the best phone I've owned. Just wish they would update it.

marshatherton

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Saw this coming. Epic fail on t-mobiles account. Figured it was inevitable with the lack of accessories. It is a great phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Okris27

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Yep. Just saw that the Z1s is no longer available on T-Mobile's website. Can not believe that they just EOL'd the phone that quickly. Although not surprising since there hasn't been one update for the phone. Looks like I'll be jumping to a different phone at the end of the month with my first jump upgrade. Don't think I'll get another T-Mobile exclusive phone ever again after this debacle.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Saw this coming. Epic fail on t-mobiles account. Figured it was inevitable with the lack of accessories. It is a great phone.

Posted via Android Central App
Yea, the real shame was T-Mobile had Sony change the physical dimensions of their version of the Z1 so that none of Sony's international Z1 accessories would fit the Z1s.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Yea, the real shame was T-Mobile had Sony change the physical dimensions of their version of the Z1 so that none of Sony's international Z1 accessories would fit the Z1s.

Yea, I never understood that. When Apple has an "s" version of a phone, it's a pretty substantial interior upgrade but the exterior usually remains the same. Sony just used IDENTICAL specs (just doubled the storage, hardly an upgrade that qualifies a new model) but changed the exterior ever so slightly, making finding accessories near impossible.

japyon

May 8, 2013
Visit site
This is sad...

loving my z1s, and was looking forward to switch to z2 with T-mobile.

However, this make me think z2 won't be coming to T-mobile but to Verizon :(

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
This is sad...

loving my z1s, and was looking forward to switch to z2 with T-mobile.

However, this make me think z2 won't be coming to T-mobile but to Verizon :(

I'm with you........love my Z1s, would like to get a KitKat update, but that looks doubtful.

Not too concerned with missing the Z2 on TMo....the Z3 is now right around the corner, so I'm waiting to see what happens. The Z2 currently doesn't have a 32gb variant and 16gb doesn't cut it for me.

Also, new phones are on the horizon.......a new Moto (X+1), maybe a new Nexus (or Silver line) and I'm watching the reviews on the G3 (still a little early to draw any conclusions).