Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bobsacomano
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has T-Mobile EOL'ed the Xperia Z1s?

Just noticed T-Mobile has removed the Sony Xperia Z1s from the website. It's been that way in my market( Tampa,FL) for the last couple days. The only offering is a refurbished version of the Xperia Z. I've read there have been a number of issues with the Z1s and T-Mobile has been disappointed by it's lack of sales. Also with the rumoured release of the T2 Ultra later this month I wonder if T-Mobile is cutting it's loses on the Z1s and will try again with the T2U.
    "I'm all jack'd up on Mountain Dew!"

Default Re: Has T-Mobile EOL'ed the Xperia Z1s?

They barely gave it 5 months, with no sorry. No one to blame but themselves. For me it's been the best phone I've owned. Just wish they would update it.
    staticK78 likes this.

Saw this coming. Epic fail on t-mobiles account. Figured it was inevitable with the lack of accessories. It is a great phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Yep. Just saw that the Z1s is no longer available on T-Mobile's website. Can not believe that they just EOL'd the phone that quickly. Although not surprising since there hasn't been one update for the phone. Looks like I'll be jumping to a different phone at the end of the month with my first jump upgrade. Don't think I'll get another T-Mobile exclusive phone ever again after this debacle.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by marshatherton View Post
    Saw this coming. Epic fail on t-mobiles account. Figured it was inevitable with the lack of accessories. It is a great phone.

Yea, the real shame was T-Mobile had Sony change the physical dimensions of their version of the Z1 so that none of Sony's international Z1 accessories would fit the Z1s.

Global Posts
    665 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by experiment 626 View Post
    Yea, the real shame was T-Mobile had Sony change the physical dimensions of their version of the Z1 so that none of Sony's international Z1 accessories would fit the Z1s.
    Yea, I never understood that. When Apple has an "s" version of a phone, it's a pretty substantial interior upgrade but the exterior usually remains the same. Sony just used IDENTICAL specs (just doubled the storage, hardly an upgrade that qualifies a new model) but changed the exterior ever so slightly, making finding accessories near impossible.
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

This is sad...

loving my z1s, and was looking forward to switch to z2 with T-mobile.

However, this make me think z2 won't be coming to T-mobile but to Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by japyon View Post
    This is sad...

loving my z1s, and was looking forward to switch to z2 with T-mobile.

However, this make me think z2 won't be coming to T-mobile but to Verizon
    I'm with you........love my Z1s, would like to get a KitKat update, but that looks doubtful.

Not too concerned with missing the Z2 on TMo....the Z3 is now right around the corner, so I'm waiting to see what happens. The Z2 currently doesn't have a 32gb variant and 16gb doesn't cut it for me.

Also, new phones are on the horizon.......a new Moto (X+1), maybe a new Nexus (or Silver line) and I'm watching the reviews on the G3 (still a little early to draw any conclusions).

The z1s is back on the tmobile website FYI

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by josegb2011 View Post
    The z1s is back on the tmobile website FYI

You beat me to it. Full list price is now $504. I was hoping the Z1s would be re-released with KitKat but no such luck yet.

Quote Originally Posted by experiment 626 View Post
    You beat me to it. Full list price is now $504. I was hoping the Z1s would be re-released with KitKat but no such luck yet.
    4.4 maybe soon? Firmware updates certified for Xperia Z1s (14.4.B.0.37) and Xperia T2 Ultra (19.1.A.0.474) | Xperia Blog