KitKat 4.4.4 Officially available for the Z1s!

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Yep. I love it! I currently have the Google Experience Launcher set as default and it looks great. I haven't found any bugs yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I hope that more people chime in on how the update is. I'm not sure if I'm reading to pull the trigger.

Sent from my C6916 using AC Forums mobile app

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
oh question. Luke, did you have to re-enable any apps/services prior to installing the update. my phone isn't root, but I disabled some stuff that I didn't like

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
oh question. Luke, did you have to re-enable any apps/services prior to installing the update. my phone isn't root, but I disabled some stuff that I didn't like

Nope. Everything was done easily and smoothly thru the PC Companion App. I didn't get any prompts about reenabling any services. The only requirement was that my phone be charged to 50%.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Installed the upgrade about 2 hours ago, seems OK. A few observations:

1. I'm disappointed that you have to use a PC, no OTA. Not a problem for me but this is the wireless age!

2. Tested Bluetooth audio and phone functionality in my car......all is well.

3. All other operations that I use regularly seem to be operating as they are suppose to.

4. Media volume levels seem to have been boosted for Bluetooth and the headphone/audio out jack......YEAH!

4. One problem, I can't seem to change the lock screen wallpaper. Anybody else experiencing this?

That is all for now. Still testing........

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
for me, changing the lock screen wallpaper worked fine. it did, however, give me an option to either use the "Xperia Wallpaper" app or the Album app to change it.

by the way, I went through the personalization preferences than to lock screen.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
for me, changing the lock screen wallpaper worked fine. it did, however, give me an option to either use the "Xperia Wallpaper" app or the Album app to change it.

by the way, I went through the personalization preferences than to lock screen.

Thanks for the reply........sounds like what I have been trying. Did you use the "Xperia" option or the "Album" option?

YourMainDude1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey is your Sony running slower or heating up after the update? Also I'm getting really slow speeds on T-Mobile with a really high ping.

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Seems smoother, faster so far. Battery even seems to be improved. So far this is a very good update, except for the disappointment of not having Google wallet tap to pay.

ebensf

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Just updated my z1s. Love a lot of the new tweaks. Does anyone know how to make the album artwork take up the entire lock screen like the the nexus 5 while using Google play music app?

ebensf

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yep. I love it! I currently have the Google Experience Launcher set as default and it looks great. I haven't found any bugs yet.

The Google experience launcher is definitely the bees knees on z1s

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
What's new? Like any big improvements or software? Also where is this Google experience launcher?

The phone should be smoother, and there are a lot of awesome tweaks to the visuals (especially the transparent nav bar and notification bar). You get wireless printing, full screen mode for apps that support it, and many other subtle changes.

And here is the link for the Google Launcher, basically the same launcher used on the Nexus 5, making the phone look more like stock android. With KitKat, you get transparent bars.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.google.android.launcher&token=VXfBjxw2
Here is a screenshot from my device:

Attachments

• 35005.jpg
    35005.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 20

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So Luke,and everyone else who has updated, would you still recommend using this ? I'm always worried based on Sony's unpredictable upgrade track record.( Like the horrific Xperia Z Kit Kat upgrade.)

marshatherton

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
First impression. Alot faster. But... Battery life SUCKS.... And, didn't like Google launcher. Sony launcher is.. Simple. Easier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae